By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First-person not 'first-party, The Conduit looks like a solid Wii-exclusive

Chrizum said:
The Conduit will be HUGE!!

lol.

I'll definitely be getting it first day.

Around the Network

Looks like a good game after a long time for wii owners.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

It definately has the potential to be one of the most important Wii games, since Wii is clearly lacking in this area.

I do lover HVS's enthusiasm for the title and the Wii itself. When the industry cynically asks, "Why?" - HSV enthusiastically says, "Why not?"

The rEVOLution is not being televised

As pretty as it looks for the Wii, and as cool as multiplayer will be for Wii owners,
A) It NEEDS local multiplayer, and
B) It still has the possibility of a weak campaign...a pretty game can still have bad AI and uninteresting gameplay.

An exclusive, good-looking Wii game with online multiplayer is great, but I find the Wii best for local multiplayer, and I'm not going to buy the game just because it's a good FPS on the Wii, it still needs to stand up to other games in some way.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
As pretty as it looks for the Wii, and as cool as multiplayer will be for Wii owners,
A) It NEEDS local multiplayer, and
B) It still has the possibility of a weak campaign...a pretty game can still have bad AI and uninteresting gameplay.

An exclusive, good-looking Wii game with online multiplayer is great, but I find the Wii best for local multiplayer, and I'm not going to buy the game just because it's a good FPS on the Wii, it still needs to stand up to other games in some way.

Compete with what other games?  Oh you mean games not on Wii?   Keep that single solitary point in mind when considering the Conduit's importance.

Let's consider something real quick, would an N64/PS era FPS ever have received this kind of attention 3 years into the PS2 era? 
Absolutely not.   That says something when what may consider a last generation technological machine can hold its ground against the HD consoles.

As for your alphabetic points, I don't think you're going to get A with this one.  They're pushign the Wii just a little too much right now to try and do it twice over on one machine.  Maybe once they tweak the game engine for the sequel.   And B is kinda of a pointless statement because that's applicable to every single game in existence prior to release.   It also flies in the face of many hands on impressions claiming the game to be quite fun to play.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yes, I mean games not on the Wii.

You can't say the Wii is an N64 or PS compared to the PS3/360 being the PS2. The Wii has lower graphics capabilities and everyone knows that. I didn't say this game looks bad.

I haven't seen much from the plot or gameplay that really sets it apart from previous games though, yes, on other consoles.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think this game looks great. As others before me said in this thread, at first I just didn't care. I mean, really not. I was like "Well this doesn't look interesting at all.", but they've drawn me in, damn it. They've drawn me in.

Now I have it pre-ordered :p

meh....it's just another generic shooter. It's not reinventing the genre, so it will therefore be bad

/sarcasm off

According to Joystiq, high resolution textures are just being added, so anyone worried about those should check again in later builds.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/06/joystiq-hands-on-the-conduit/

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs