By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo,Sony,Microsoft, whos next?

Samsung- Sbox 720

Around the Network

Sega.

Believe.

apple?
Where is their first party division? they have enough on their hands
sega?
already learned their lesson....

First of all there already is a fourth console: leapfrog, but it is a toy, or, aren't they all toys wtf. there is no difference between the consoles, i mean toys.

Secondly, someone who is going to make a console, is one that has its hands in the livingroom and wants to expand. If anything it would be a tv company, although a huge company valve might go in on a venture with some company.

apple is not going to make a console....
it is not even a properly thought out rumor.

@theprof: For some odd reason i agree with you.
I see Apple unlikely because of them not having 1st party games division (they've had Macs for decades to develope games for). Apples business strategy being selling differentiative products with premium profit margins (Nintendo makes a tough competition). And they haven't really made any kind of step into games (i must wonder how people can confuse iPhone and iGame. Instead of competing with DS, people should look how iPhone competes N-Gage).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

The iPhone is the closest thing to a "console" we'll get in quite some time. There's a blooming market for games at the app store.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Chrizum said:
Sega.

Believe.

saddly they have seen how they can make more money with just software, so i dont see it

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

apple, they make the most since they are a hardware company first, i suspect they would do a download only model and give devlopers a bigger cut than other people. games would cost less hardware would be good, but not super top end would have an hd. the biggest issue would be them letting more devs in with questionable content, but i could see it, especialy with them dabling inhand held market with iphone/pods

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

EA console could be really strong. Wait if EA and Apple teamed up! Both are power hungry companies who release the same product year after year.

@goddog: Like... Pippin? The problem is, that if you plan on releasing a gaming device, you need a first party to show direction. If the manufacturer isn't willing to support its own platform, it's unlikely that 3rd parties are going to put any serious effort to it. Just look how reluctant 3rd parties were to jump on board with DS and Wii, so it's very unlikely that they would jump on board with Apples platform.
And Apple isn't hardware company. Apple is hardware and software company.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.