By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Game: What month will the Wii not win combined WW monthly sales?

Ya, if the Wii production can't get much higher; then 360 or Ps3 have a chance of snagging a week.

Or, perhaps next week. When the DS outsells it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

True dosent the DS Dominate the WW sales of any system right now

Hill Till We Die    -Don 2001

I Own a WII, 64 and SNES, Most Sega systems

I Own A Xbox and Xbox 360

I am Still MAD at Sony for 3 dead PS2's with Disk Read Error's, And proud Owner of a PSX that Plays Games While Upside Down and a PS3 Slim.

FANBOY That Haiters

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/550493466.png[/IMG][/URL]

DonXHill said:

I say July 2008 becouse it is the gaming dry season and If x360 does not get one in dec of this year i figure sales will still stay the same Till they drop the Price Mid 2008 posable in December but M$ would be out almost all year,

2009 after Everyone owns one and the PS3 is at a price every one could get one with out Really going broke.

The Wii has shown convincingly that it is outselling other consoles during "dry periods". I can't see it get beaten in any of these, and I definitely can't see it get beaten by the 360... ever.

At the moment, the Wii is selling around 250k-300k / month in Japan - with the 360 (on average) selling 10-20k.

If this doesn't change, that is a LOT of ground for the 360 to make up in other markets.

PS3 has a much better chance. If they drop the price, and release a couple of big games at the same time (i.e. MGS or FF), it could match or beat the Wii in Japan. Then if it can beat it (even slightly) in Europe, then it has a chance by matching it in the US.

Slim, but I think that is the only chance. If Nintendo can pick up the manufacturing pace in the next couple of months - it will never happen. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

September or never

I think the original post is including only consoles, not handhelds.

My thoughts ... if Halo can't do it (September), no one can lol

Around the Network

Wii is losing to DS right now, isn't it?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I did not take in account they were beffing up there production Oopse, Take back the 360 Prediction and im still with the PS3 in 2009

WW Consale Sales.

Hill Till We Die    -Don 2001

I Own a WII, 64 and SNES, Most Sega systems

I Own A Xbox and Xbox 360

I am Still MAD at Sony for 3 dead PS2's with Disk Read Error's, And proud Owner of a PSX that Plays Games While Upside Down and a PS3 Slim.

FANBOY That Haiters

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/550493466.png[/IMG][/URL]

mmmm haloooo..... XD
september
but next month wii will continue winning 4ever

takkxyz said:
Wii is losing to DS right now, isn't it?

This game is only between the Wii, PS3, and the 360.

DonXHill said:

I did not take in account they were beffing up there production Oopse, Take back the 360 Prediction and im still with the PS3 in 2009

WW Consale Sales.

Sorry you can't change your guess. Your original guess is solid anyways. I was thinking of going with that except that I didn't want to be eliminated from my own game so early.