By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - little big planet :there is something that makes me worry about it

copyright, the game itself it's looking to be the must have game for the ps3 this Q4.

but many of the beta developers are making use of copyrighted material like nintendo characters or bungie halo.

i am afraid this companies owners of the copyright will ask sony to take down levels with use of copy righted material.

same thing happen to youtube, and you see videos taken down just with music of an artist as background.

what do you think it will happen?

Around the Network

if they use the music directly from those titles perhaps, but making a level like something from a game is not copyright infringement because it will always be different enough. I have seen nothing in the beta that makes me worry.

I was thinking the same thing today when I saw the Mario level! Let's hope it won't stirr up bucketloads of trouble though!

Did MS ask that halo mod be taken off of UT3 or nintendo ask samus?

Lets see

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Music, sounds, logo's, different copyright laws in different countries... could get messy...especially with the RIAA.. they like to give fines... but I think Sony will filter a lot just to be save.. aka: scrap a sh*tload of levels after they are uploaded and before they are published on the PSN...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Even if it does cause copyrighted material problems. It's no big deal. So we miss a few cool lvls. The more people talk about this game the better. Think of it as free advertizing.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Honestly anything from other companies might be seen as promotion rather then copyright laws being broken.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

meh? doesnt seem like it will be a big problem. just an annoyance? like this post is :)

it better not be, but i agree with you kid, it is very worrying. M$ and Ninty are going to throw a bitch fit if this game becomes huge.