By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest Flop of Last Generation

It can only be Gameboy Micro

No-one expected the Gizmondo or N-gage to sell, so their failure was not actually a flop

The Micro is a Ninty handheld, and they all sell like hotcakes, so it was a flop

Around the Network

The PSP. It tried to do so many things and failed horribly at all of them. UMD is a big part of the failure.

DS>PSP

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Didn't see that "last gen" part. I'm talking about this gen. obviously.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

WarmachineX said:
The PSP. It tried to do so many things and failed horribly at all of them. UMD is a big part of the failure.

DS>PSP

38 million + units sold so far a failure?

erm..ok...whatever you say

I have to agree with the Gizmondo being a big failure, but for me the biggest letdown was the PSX.

I really wanted one, and then when I found out they were for Japan only I was pretty annoyed

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

PSP has already outsold all non-Nintendo handheld gaming devices - including devices made by Atari, Sega, Nokia and Apple.

The PSP did pretty well for itself

Around the Network
ameratsu said:

I'll say EyeToy. Sounds cool on paper but the technology didn't materialize last gen.

Sit a 7yr old in front of one and then say that.  It was awsome to watch my son flailing around like a monkey trying to knock away ninja.

gizmondo would be my pick too

although gamecube had the smallest marketshare, it was very profitable.. and i'm not sure what we are calling "flop"s in this thread, bad business-wise, or bad game-wise?

either way, gamecube did well enough in both fields

Ummm... I dont want to ruin the party, but the Gizmondo should have been a PSP rival, so its actually this gen... and yes, they will be produced again, starting this Q4 ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

N-Gage and FFX/X-2 to me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ngage.. what a flop.. my sega genesis emulator ran games better on the ngage devices than the original ngage games itself. just goes to show that poor production values cant save hardware.. especially not shoody hardware.

Runner UP: sega going 3rd party

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business