By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

We'll see once you get to the last dungeon.

The picture is actually a combination of Gurren Lagann and Earthbound. Ness is usually portrayed as Kamina and Lucas as Simon since I guess their personalities are supposed to match up. A whole set of pictures like this started popping up after Brawl came out.

Example:

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

Ah, that makes 3 times more sense than before. I remember when I was gonna try to watch that anime, but I didn't.

Anyway, Pretty awesome pictures.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Oh I do love the EarthBound love, you guys. I do.

It is nice to see fans coming together huh?

So which of the three games in the series is your guys' favorite? I think Mines probably still Mother 2, probably because of nostalgia and the fact that I've played it to death.

Mother 3 is amazing though, and I hope NoA does something with it. DSware perhaps? Alongside Mother 1+2? Or even just a DS version with all three, like Mother 1+2.

Did you guys hear about how Tomato and Co put in a Hard mode? They were talking about it on the forum over there.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!

We just have to make sure to bump up the thread from obscurity every now and then to make sure the love lives on >:3

Favorite is still Earthbound. I prefer the feeling of exploring the openness of the world, trying to figure out how to get to the next town, and the overall lightheartedness of the game in general. Though Mother 3 wins when it comes to serious business stuff.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

Yep, occasional bumping is definitely my plan.

Bleh, I hate how you always word things exactly how I want to. Then I'm just all "Oh yeah, that" and then it seems like I have no opinion of my own.

You know what I didn't realize about Earthbound though? A lot of it's music game from Mother 1. (I mean it makes sense) but I didn't know that the desert music came from it.

Also, You know that insignificant item? If you return it to the guy who lost it, you get a Magic Truffle. I didn't know that.

Yeah, even the Eight Melodies is the same, isn't it? I suppose that's something that really sets Mother 3 apart from the others though. Only a little bit of the music is recycled here and there, and most of it's hidden so you have to look around a bit to find it.

I always used Escargo Express to save the insignificant item because I didn't like losing a one of a kind item, even if it was insignificant. I kind of felt bad for the owner, but it's what he gets for giving you a lame magic truffle. At the end of the game it's always sitting right next to the superoma, trout yogurt, and monkey's love

CIHYFS?

Lord, I don't know if I could pick a favorite.

My reflex is to say EarthBound, but every time I hear "A Letter from You, My Sweet" I nearly break down and cry.

Yeah, a lot of the music in mother 3 is original, there are some remixes in there that I've noticed, but mostly they're hidden, like you said.

I always found it weird that Trout Yogurt was originally Strawberry Tofu, and that in Mother 1 and 3 (The fan translations) They didn't call it Trout Yogurt. I was almost hoping for it in Mother 3.

I know what you mean Khuutra. I'm not that big of a fan of Mother 1 yet (By which I mean I like it a lot, but not really a candidate for favorite) Mother 3 is really awesome though, and I really got into the music. That Rhythm battle thing was an awesome idea. I always wish that's in Earthbound when I play it now. Just like I wish Mother 1 had a rolling HP counter. It makes trees and the like so much harder.

Khuutra said:
Lord, I don't know if I could pick a favorite.

My reflex is to say EarthBound, but every time I hear "A Letter from You, My Sweet" I nearly break down and cry.

Aww, see, why do you have to bring that up? Personally I'm going to have to play through Mother 3 more over the next few years before I can let it dethrone Earthbound. One thing about Mother 3 is that I can never decide if I can take all the heart wrenching moments seriously.

This part in the game really pissed me off.

Edit: Congratulations on page 10?

CIHYFS?