By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

Khuutra said:
Boney is the best dog ever, guys.

I don't know if it's been mentioned.

It has not and he is. I thought he was just going to be like King from Earthbound, but he is far superior.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

I finished it.

All right. I'm done.

If they don't make a Mother 4, and I can understand if Itoi does not, I will be just fine, thank you, without ever playing another video game again.

I've never been so emotionally drained by any piece of media in my entire life.

D= the first chapter made me almost cry, the second made me laugh my ass off, third so far gives me the nostalgia feeling of walking through the desert on Earthbound and of course cause of the monkey, I'm doing a chapter a day, I love it so much, I've already bought some Mother 3 swag off the net, and preordered their guide that has all the artwork, and that keychain.

I hope they make a Wii game in the series, my hopes were so high for Earthbound 64 and seeing the series go 3D, I saw that initial release date and had it set in my mind, never heard about the cancellation (hey we all didn't have the internet back then @_@) and my heart was broken when I searched and searched and found no Earthbound 64. Then I heard that Mother 1 & 2 was being made for GBA and got excited again, but to no avail it never came stateside, and they also made Mother 3 for GBA using the plot they were going to use for Earthbound 64. I hope they put Earthbound on the VC so the sales will explode and Nintendo will get the message that America wants/needs Earthbound nao!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't think Itoi has any interest in 3-D games. If we get another one where he's at the helm, it'll be in 2-D again, which is just fine.

If they don't get the message by now, I don't know what it will take to actually convince them.

Yes, I'm going to keep bumping this for just a little longer.

Has anybody else beaten the game?

Also:

You cannot claim to like JRPGs and not play this game.

Around the Network

Today I actually managed to find a use for my PSP. It shall henceforth be re-christened as "Mother 3 Player." Huzzah!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Finally finished this last night. Man, I really don't know what to say. Over all the game was way more somber then Earthbound. The stuff at the very end with the masked man was something else. That didn't stop it from having a ton of Earthbound's unique humor though. I mean, who didn't like this part?

Also, it's a huge relief after playing the Japanese version to find out that the merman are actually O2 machines instead of just being creepy fish guys that like to perform mouth to mouth on passerbys.

CIHYFS?

I'm so pissed off right now! I beat the game 2 days ago, and I went on to that Mother site and read an interview with Itoi, and he talks about this "secret" thing that I COMPLETELY missed right at the end of the game. Since I saved the game after beating it, I can't go back to see what it is. What makes it worse is, I haven't found anywhere online that shows this piece I'm looking for. GAH!

If anyone is extremely close to beating the game, please don't beat it yet, and do something for me before you do!

How close to end? I have a save state at the hot spring right before the last fight and a frog save right at the start of the last dungeon.

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
How close to end? I have a save state at the hot spring right before the last fight and a frog save right at the start of the last dungeon.

Is it possible for me to get that save state at the hot spring? I tried downloading a save state from a site, but I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do to make it work.

If that isn't an option, then I want you to do it for me, and then tell me what happens. I'd extremely appreciate it! Are we allowed to talk about spoilers in here? If not, we can do it through PM's.