By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

Yeah sure, no problem. How do you want me to get it to you? We'll talk about the rest through PMs, just to be safe.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network
wfz said:
I'm so pissed off right now! I beat the game 2 days ago, and I went on to that Mother site and read an interview with Itoi, and he talks about this "secret" thing that I COMPLETELY missed right at the end of the game. Since I saved the game after beating it, I can't go back to see what it is. What makes it worse is, I haven't found anywhere online that shows this piece I'm looking for. GAH!

If anyone is extremely close to beating the game, please don't beat it yet, and do something for me before you do!

I know what you're talking about.

It ruins the moment. Not really worth seeing.

Pfft, I don't know what you're talking about. It's beantastic.

Though it's probably better to experience the last part of the game without seeing it just to keep the right atmosphere for the ending.

CIHYFS?

That's kind of what I mean. It's very funny, but not something I would recommend seeing the first time through.

I beat it last week. Incredibly epic, it lives up to the earthbound name. Itoi is a genius.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Psh, this thread definitely needs a bump because of it's awesomeness.

I've been too lazy to post in threads, but I beat it a while ago, I loved it. The last battle gave me goosebumps in both english and japanese versions.

I'm so gonna pre-order that handbook, it looks awesome and it's fan-made, bumping the awesome up by 3 points.

I missed that whole bean thing, ol' Crayfish had to fill me in. I need to play it again, but because of my eagerness for the patch to come out, I was playing Earthbound and Mother 3 (In japanese) a bunch, and kinda burned myself out. So I have to take a break, because I've noticed I can't play for very long before I need a break.

Curses!

Anyway, I'm working on Mother 1 right now. It's actually way more awesome then I remember. Even if I keep dying a bunch. (I must be doing something wrong, or going somewhere wrong)

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Mother 1 just has some amazingly difficult parts. At the very end the game gets down right vicious, where any random fight could take you out.

CIHYFS?

I heard that the last dungeon is like the most pain in the butt dungeon ever.

I actually just got Teddy and I'm pretty sure I've been way under leveled. I notice that anyone other than Ninten would die with lik 2 hits. Teddy is awesome though. I'm just hoping I get to keep him.

Also, I only have 3 notes, so I know I missed some stuff.

Hey Cray! You haven't beaten Mother 1 right? I don't remember you finishing it.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!

Yeah, I never finished it. The last dungeon is like the most pain in the butt dungeon ever.

Unrelated, but also this:

I just like the brother from another Mother line.

CIHYFS?

I didn't think you did. Maybe I'll finish it before you :3 Although... I don't have save states, so I dunno.

That was a pretty hilarious picture, is that Lucas though? And he's all like OH! wow, that took me like a while to get. sheesh.

I don't remember Pokey having a pinstripe suit though.