By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Big Fat Mother/EarthBound Appreciation Thread

I have my pages set to fifty posts per.

Yeah, this game kind of kicks you in the heart over and over. Very different from EarthBound in that sense.

Around the Network

I dunno, I must have just really got into it, because all of those crazy heartwrenching moments made me sad. Not really crying sad, but close. Specially that one you just posted, I couldn't believe it when he said how it happened. (I pieced together the general idea of what happened through the japanese version, but that just shocked me.)

I liked the Magypsies, random I know. But I found them pretty hilariously awesome.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Khuutra said:
I have my pages set to fifty posts per.

Yeah, this game kind of kicks you in the heart over and over. Very different from EarthBound in that sense.

Oh, had them set to 10 per page for some reason, my bad. >_>

Especially those first few chapters. Nothing went right for pretty much everyone.

CIHYFS?

Chapter 1 is arguably the most brutal in several respects, saving, of course, for Chapter 8.

I also think the Magypsies are awesome. I like how the poofy-haired one crosses and re-crosses her legs VERY theatrically every time she has something to say. That's just aces.

Speaking of Magypsies, is there supposed to be a connection between them and hot springs that I haven't caught? The music you hear in the hot spring is a slowed down version of the Magypsies theme, but beyond the one you meet in the train tunnel hot springs I've never seen them have anything to do with each other.

I dunno, maybe I just want to read into it to much.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

Hard to say, really. There may be some link between the Magyspy philosophy and how the hot springs work - relaxation and luxuriance making one feel alive again. Again, it's hard to say, but a connection would not be difficult to make.

Is the Mr. Saturn village song from Mother 2 the same one in Mother 3? I just got into the village in Mother 2 and now I can't remember if Mother 3 has the same song.. but man I love this song.

Also, it never seemed important, but before you get to Saturn village, a man talks to you about the town and says that "It's not on any map." Considering that the Saturn village in Mother 3 is practically identical to the Mother 2 one, could there be something..... interesting about that town, that just isn't normal?

To the best of my knowledge, the two songs are different, though I could not say for sure.

And... yes, I also got that impression, since the Mr. Saturn are capable of... "tampering with space", as it were.

Earthbound

Mother 3

Not exactly the same but they share common elements. Same goes for their village. I'm pretty sure the Mr. Saturns make Saturn valley not normal by default :P

CIHYFS?

The Mother 3 one reminds me of Earthbound's but with pig theme stuff built in. I do love that music though.

Saturn Valley felt too small in Mother 3. Probably beause they didn't have to worry about having enough room to teleport.

They did have that bridge to nowhere again though. That was a neat touch.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1