By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS/Wii will have the top 10 selling games this generation

Does anyone really think Wii Sports wouldn't be over 10mil if it weren't bundled?

Anyway, you can disinclude the game to be fair, but it won't change anything, since there's Wii Sports Resort on the way (no excuses for that one). I'm sure they'll come with a few more hits, at least one or two more huge ones later on - last gen's best seller came out 4 years after the PS2. We're only at the 2 year mark for the Wii. So, even without Wii Sports / Wii Play it'll be all Nintendo. 

Around the Network

actually..wii sports is ONLY bundled in the US..so take all the US ones out..that's about 10mil

it's still in the top 10

since the rest of the world except the US buys the wiis for 200 follars..and Wiifit extra

I added Animal Crossing to the list, I forgot about that one! So even if you exclude Wii Sports Nintendo will still have the top 10.

wii sports has to loose 14mil sales to please fanboys...but it'll still be in top 10

Blacksaber said:
Xen said:
RolStoppable said:
Nintendo at their rightful place.

As if.

Count Wii Sports out - it's bundled in with every Wii.

Otherwise that list is fine.

Not in Japan...

Or Korea, right?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

Xen I'm enjoying your posts today. I am actually happy to read it, it's dead on not a single context issu...

wait a sec...

Weren't San Andreas and A-Spec bundles also witht he PS2. ^_^

dib from dib8rtown (Lol that was funny)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
Xen I'm enjoying your posts today. I am actually happy to read it, it's dead on not a single context issu...

wait a sec...

Weren't San Andreas and A-Spec bundles also witht he PS2. ^_^

dib from dib8rtown (Lol that was funny)

I would talk about that if I actually knew that. Back in those days I wasn't following console wars, I just knew that the PS2was annihilating the competiton 4 to 1 to each console, or 2 to 1 to both.

Will be very interesting to view a list like this at the end of this generation. If we counted Call of Duty 4 and GTA 4 across both consoles it would make things more interesting I suppose.

c0rd said:

Anyway, you can disinclude the game to be fair, but it won't change anything, since there's Wii Sports Resort on the way (no excuses for that one).

When it sells 15million you'll just get people saying "but it comes bundled with motion+."

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Where's Animal Crossing?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing having the whole top 10 coming from one publisher.

What? You haven't heard? Nintendo fans like monoply now, despite being angry at MS for wanting it. Silly nilly.