By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS/Wii will have the top 10 selling games this generation

Yeah, good observing

Halo4 is not a contender. Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii still have a lot of selling to do.

Also Animal Crossing, Wii Music, Pokemon Platinum, Wii Sports Resort should all outsell a potential Halo4 (Maybe not Wii Music, we shall see)

Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
Will be very interesting to view a list like this at the end of this generation. If we counted Call of Duty 4 and GTA 4 across both consoles it would make things more interesting I suppose.

Not terribly interesting. It looks like for the time being, they'd just be #9 and #10, having past 10M, but not 11M, with MK DS at #8 at 12M.

Counting multi-plats would also knock Halo 3 out of the top 15 as soon as it is passed by Wii Fit.

1. Wii Sports
2. Nintendogs
3. Pokemon D/P
4. NSMB
5. Wii Play
6. Brain Age
7. Brain Age 2
8. Mario Kart DS
9. GTA IV
10. COD4
11. Animal Crossing DS
12. Mario and Sonic
13. Guitar Hero 3
14. Mario Kart Wii
15. Halo 3
16. Wii Fit

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

trestres said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
Am i the only one who finds it kind of unfair to count Wii Sports and Wii Play.

No, other haters also like to count them out. Look the game has a 50% attach rate in Japan and if that's an indicator then Wii Sports sales would at least be 16 million, if not more, since Wii Sports is what sells the Wii in more than 50% of the cases. There's no denying the game would have still been in the top 5 even if it wasn't bundled, like it happens in Japan.

Wii Play would have sold on it's own either way, 10 dollars is a really low price and people would have just bought it because it has the "Wii" name stampled on it.

If you don't believe me then check Wii Fit, sold 8 million+ in less than a year and it's still selling like crazy. Next up Wii Music, doubters will have to remain silent as they did with Wii Fit.

Or if you don't want to believe me and think Wii Sports wouldn't have sold like it did, just wait until Wii Sports: Resort comes out. Oh, it will be bundled with Wii M+ so people would scratch it off, just like they scratched off Wii Play, Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

Damn, is it that hard to accept. Your life will not end either way.

I wouldn't be suprised if they start suggesting we disregard Mario Kart Wii since it comes with the Wii wheel.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down