By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Nintendo related concerns

SmokedHostage said:

1.) Punchout stereotypes

I can tell from the crossaints that there will be humorous yet controversial stereotypes in Punchout Wii but in this day and age.. how will it be received?  This isn't 87.

2.) The SD Card and piracy

I see the DSi leading to piracy problems in the future.  The SD card port will make it easier to pirate the DS and sales of DS software might plummet.  I think PSP can approve of this but I don't.

3.) Gamecube remakes

My hope for the Gamecube remakes is that they're $29.99.  I really need Metroid Prime 2, Wind Waker and Pikmin 2 and I don't want to pay 40 bucks for them.

1)  Crossants rock!  I think I saw a French bread too  :p

2)  DS is easy enough to pirate, if ppl wanted to, they would have already done it by now.

3)  Square remakes games on DS & sell it at full price.  I don't see the problem with remaking the controls in GC games & selling them for $35 (less than Square's DS remakes).

Around the Network

@The_Vagabond7
I LOL'd at that one...That would be an awesome Punch Out game!

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

superchunk said:
1. I am willing to bet that the issues from Punch Out! Wii will be minimal to none. It's not like it is a white hero killing a bunch of blacks... in Africa... where the majority are black... so in reality it makes perfect sense... I guess.

2. No matter what they do there will be piracy. It won't be any bigger than what you see on Wii currently. Nintendo will keep putting out updates that will brick systems and so on.

3. RE:4 Wii was how much? Yep. That is the "bargain price" Nintendo will hit on launch of these games. I hope they do this with Zelda: WW.

QFT.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I hope they won't be $30. $25 max!!! pleeease!!

i dont have problem with the remake cost, as long as theyre a good remakes... i bought re4 for wii, and im happy with that purchase, even if i have finished re4 on gc 2 times.

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Around the Network

Pikmin will be released in Japan on Christmas day for the equivalent of $32 US

@Vagabond
That was amazingly funny, that would be better then a fatality on MK.

Well Punch Out looks like it's going to be fun and kinda funny. I'm thinking the new DSi might curve piracy honestly, a lot of flash cards require the GBA slot to work, and the updates might make the single slot flash cards not work. And I'm sure it'll be $30 for the remakes, RE4 was at the perfect price point, it didn't even have marketing and made a killing in sales.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000