By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there really be DSi ONLY games?

I'm saying no. I don't think there will be any games released for the DSi that can't also be played on the DS lite.

Mind you, I'm not counting any "games" that are simply ways to play around with the camera and MP3 player, but I don't think they really should count, cause the only people I see being interested in those games are the people who are already interested in the MP3 and camera that are in the DSi.

The screen size is the same, the button layout is the same, and it can still play DS games. It's still being considered a DS and not a new model. You might have some games that have DSi functionality included, like being able to import pictures that you take with the camera or off of the SD card into the game, but it's going to be a lot like how the gameboy printer/camera; allows a little customization, but nothing game breaking.

If there is any boost in processing power/ram/whatever the hell, I think all it's going to be used for are specifically web browser type functions and also for running the camera or MP3 player while you're playing games. It may also be used for emulating GBA games, since running the games on hardware would no longer be an option.

Even if there are any significant games that come out for the DSi, I'm absolutely certain that the next true DS successor will either be able to play DSi games along with DS games, or the few decent DSi only games that come out will be remade/rereleased for the DS successor.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

There won't be, save for the downloadable stuff, for which I do not really care.

Yeah, only the downloadable titles--no company would want to miss out on what is certain to be at least a 130-million+ users by the time this comes out.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Yeah, only the downloadable titles--no company would want to miss out on what is certain to be at least a 130-million+ users by the time this comes out.

It's out in the US in a year, and Europe is still TBA. Now, how do you expect it to sell 50 million by then?

Xen said:
thekitchensink said:

It's out in the US in a year, and Europe is still TBA. Now, how do you expect it to sell 50 million by then?

Sarcasm detector broken.

Around the Network

agreed with above - downloadable titles only.

Don't forget games that end up using the SD Card.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

vdoesntforgive said:
Xen said:
thekitchensink said:

Sarcasm detector broken.

I guess =/

Xen said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Xen said:
thekitchensink said:

Sarcasm detector broken.

I guess =/

Should get that looked at.

I wasn't being sarcastic by the way--the Lite will almost certainly see a price drop soon, and sales will be much higher than they were this year due to the obviously-much-improved software support over this year.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Some games might include optional camera and SD features, but I doubt there will be many of these and even fewer that require them (except the downloadable titles). It'll probably be about as common as rumble.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.