By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG will the nintendo hate never end

Xen said:
MH - challenging, yes. Deep? can't say.

Oboro - sorry about that.

As for Wii PES vs HD PES, ratings or intuitive controls don't decide, What decides is how real the experience the consoles deliver. Neither one is gonna deliver a physical experiece of true football, so they might as well make it a graphical one. Here the HD versions win.

Xen that's all fine and dandy, but your forgeting one key part, that is your opinion, here I'll correct it:

Xen said:

As for Wii PES vs HD PES, In my humble opinion ratings or intuitive controls don't decide, what I feel decides is how real the experience the consoles deliver. Neither one is gonna deliver a physical experiece of true football, so they might as well I will make it a graphical one. I believe the HD versions win.

Ahh, I believe that holds much more true to the context.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
invisible29 said:
resident evil 5 should be on Wii............................

win. all other posts are obsolete

@Xen
Wow, your PES reasoning is so out of your hands , and why do i feel you realised it just a little too late. Saying that a sports game is better just because it looks better is probably one of the thing a PES fan(like me) would never think of, cause the FIFA games have kinda looked better for a long time.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Xen said:

As for Wii PES vs HD PES, ratings or intuitive controls don't decide, What decides is how real the experience the consoles deliver. Neither one is gonna deliver a physical experiece of true football, so they might as well make it a graphical one. Here the HD versions win.

By this logic, Wii Sports is the best game ever.  There has never been a game that is so true to the real experience.

Most of the professional reviewers came to the conclusion that the Wii version of PES 08 was the best.  If you prefer the HD version that is fine, but you probably shouldn't make any arguement based on review score ever again since you obviously don't trust them.

Earlier you said that "for any game that's released on the Wii, there IS a better HD version."  Find me a platformer that is better than Super Mario Galaxy.  And what is better than Zelda, or Brawl?  You did say ANY game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Xen said:

By this logic, Wii Sports is the best game ever.  There has never been a game that is so true to the real experience.

Most of the professional reviewers came to the conclusion that the Wii version of PES 08 was the best.  If you prefer the HD version that is fine, but you probably shouldn't make any arguement based on review score ever again since you obviously don't trust them.

Earlier you said that "for any game that's released on the Wii, there IS a better HD version."  Find me a platformer that is better than Super Mario Galaxy.  And what is better than Zelda, or Brawl?  You did say ANY game.

I was responding to trestres and he said "any game". So I just quoted him. Besides, as you can see, I used multiplats in my reasoning, and not impossible scenarios where something of the same genre but entirely different caliber competes with Mario.

@Phendrana: I can't use that argument in any game. I can only use it in sports games that in their own turn boil down to which one delivers the most reality-like experience... as an example, I'll use one from the 6th gen... with Madden games. Remember the best selling console in America then? the PS2. Remember how far apart was the Xbox from the PS2's numbers? I won't bother checking the exact number, but obviously, by overall number, a lot. Now, how have both games sold on both platforms? in the userbase/sales ratio the Xbox has shown that it sells more madden games per console. Why? because it delivers a far more realistic experience, as the XB had far better graphics than the PS2. You might argue with how the tastes of the PS2 and XB gamers are different, but both demographics were similar in age and tastes. I read of that argument, btw. It's not mine, I just agree with John Lucas, who said it first. You might know him from VGC.

@dib8rman: Well... those are discussion forums... everything is an opinion here... people can agree on an opinion but it's never a fact. Everything here should be taken in as an opinion, but never as a fact. "IMO's" are unnecessary.

Around the Network

I really hate my Wii cause there are too many games I am interested. I am backlogged with Okami, Wario and De Blob. And then damn World of Goo comes out on the 13th.

@Xen

There you go again, should I correct your response to my last post? Let me know soon because I don't have all day.

Your opinion is fine, as long as you make sure you acknoledge that it is an opinion, passing them off as fact is only confusing a few and yourself included.

The form of your logic later made it obvious that your self sustaining though.. so at this point my comments to you are just for shit's n' giggles.

I'm actually embracing this whole notion of self supporting logic, I'm may just pursue it to see if it's some kind of medical dissorder.

I was shocked when I found out about ODD. If what I'm seeing isn't in fact not a medical disorder and does fall within the realm of what is legally known as "Mob Mentality" then I can rightfully stick by my own conclusions and if challenge use outside support and logic based on the tangible and researchable.

-Edit : My point is that you are and you were talking to yourself and again the synonym to that would be you are self supporting in your logic, you can reffer to yourself to rationalize your standing points by using narratives from others who... well that just leads into a story about a chicken and an egg.  It was fun =)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@Xen

Then say what you mean, don't say any if you don't mean any.

Also, I saw no respone to the first part of my post.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Xen said:

I was responding to trestres and he said "any game". So I just quoted him. Besides, as you can see, I used multiplats in my reasoning, and not impossible scenarios where something of the same genre but entirely different caliber competes with Mario.

@Phendrana: I can't use that argument in any game. I can only use it in sports games that in their own turn boil down to which one delivers the most reality-like experience... as an example, I'll use one from the 6th gen... with Madden games. Remember the best selling console in America then? the PS2. Remember how far apart was the Xbox from the PS2's numbers? I won't bother checking the exact number, but obviously, by overall number, a lot. Now, how have both games sold on both platforms? in the userbase/sales ratio the Xbox has shown that it sells more madden games per console. Why? because it delivers a far more realistic experience, as the XB had far better graphics than the PS2. You might argue with how the tastes of the PS2 and XB gamers are different, but both demographics were similar in age and tastes. I read of that argument, btw. It's not mine, I just agree with John Lucas, who said it first. You might know him from VGC.

@dib8rman: Well... those are discussion forums... everything is an opinion here... people can agree on an opinion but it's never a fact. Everything here should be taken in as an opinion, but never as a fact. "IMO's" are unnecessary.

The PS2 and XBox Maddens were exactly the same except one looked better. Obviously the one that looks better would be considered the more realistic version when everything else is identical. With the Wii you also have to consider how the controls factor in. Some people would consider them more immersive than graphics. If you prefer the HD version for its graphics that's fine, but please don't insist your opinion is fact.

^^^Aye, it was. I'll try to make my statements more apparent as opinions next time.

See you on better debates.. or circuimstances.. heh.

theRepublic said:
@Xen

Then say what you mean, don't say any if you don't mean any.

Also, I saw no respone to the first part of my post.

True. It is the closest to the real thing... in terms of experience delivered. Personally, of what I played, Tennis is the most realistic one.

But it is an exception dude. Wii sports like gameplay can't be done in every sports game.

And sorry for not replying to you. After replying to Phendrana and ib8rman I went to eat and just forgot.