By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So slow....

Just curious why the site is so slow all the time now?  Is it being worked on every day or something?  For instance, right now, it took about 5 minutes to load up the VGChartz homepage, then another 5 minutes to navigate to here to make this forum post.  I've been having this problem for a little while almost every day for the past 2 weeks maybe, and it's only this site.  I visit many sites frequently, and this one constantly goes dreadfully slow.  Sometimes it takes so long that it says the site is down.  Could this be because of increased traffic maybe?  I don't know..but it's extremely annoying..

Anyone else having this problem?  And why is it occuring?  And can we expect it to change?

Thanks..

Around the Network

I have the same issues as you. I don't know why though but I'm sure it'll be worked out soon.

Sorry it was the Left 4 Dead interview. Increased traffic passed the level that can be easily dealt with by our servers. It's calmed some now though.

it happened to me before but i then discovered that my connection had problems, maybe u have one!

blackstar said:
it happened to me before but i then discovered that my connection had problems, maybe u have one!

I wish it was that simple..but I log onto VGChartz from 3 different places - Work, Home, and my girlfriends house.  Same problem for all 3.

@naznatips
Makes sense, I figured increased traffic to be the most likely scenario.  Thanks, and hopefully things get back to normal.

Around the Network

Ivonly found its slower loading pages, not the frontpage.

yeah. the whole site was down for like 45 mins for me. I wondered why, but then I saw the L4D interview with the 570 diggs..... It's loading well now though: Page generated in 0.3909 seconds

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

The website is attracting more visitors recently. A lot of articles have made the frontpage of digg.com/gaming.

This is a good thing. :)

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I was about to start a new thread about how slow this website has become...
It wasn't like this a few months ago. The slow loads is a recent problem.

Please do something, it makes it hard to participate and sooner or later people will avoid to visit very often...

Master Mii Artisan 

MadHatter said:
I was about to start a new thread about how slow this website has become...
It wasn't like this a few months ago. The slow loads is a recent problem.

Please do something, it makes it hard to participate and sooner or later people will avoid to visit very often...

Don't know what you are talking about. With the improvements just put in the site is super fast. I haven't seen it run this fast in a long time.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)