By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time announced (Wii/DS) #1

The bit on the right about the Pollux Engine looks interesting. The print in red at the top of that section says, "First time in the world! Play the same game on the Wii and DS together!!" A bit below that it says, "By connecting through Wi-Fi, up to 4 friends can play together on Wii and DS!! using the touchpen on the DS and the remote control on the Wii."

The picture at the bottom right has the caption, "Miis on DS!?" I'm having a bit of trouble making out the small print below the picture, but it says something about moving Miis you have created on your Wii to your DS.

The text for the picture to the left of that says something about a new chat tool for communicating with your friends.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Around the Network

This came out of no where. I'll wait for more info before I judge this game. Who knows, maybe it will be the Multiplayer Crystal Chronicles console game people want, since the crystal bearers is supposed to be single player.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

trestres said:
So much for their Crystal Tools Engine being used. They are going back to N64 graphics!

Oh god, can you vent your negativity somewhere else. Your angst is really getting annoying.

Leni said:
was Crystal Bearers confirmed as canceled??

Nope. Square have just been silent on the whole thing.

Hopefully we will hear more in Tokio games show..

Around the Network

The speculation on GAF is, this is actually just a DS game, running on Wii hardware through connectivity thanks to the Pollux Engine. It's interesting, because all those screens certainly do look like a DS game (low poly models and textures), but I don't know the likely-hood of that being true.

The next 20 hours could bring some solid info about what this is.

According to the scan, both DS and Wii versions will be on sale simultaneously on 29/1/2009, so the Wii version does exists.

I don't think this will be a WiiWare game because the scan says that both DS and Wii versions cost 5,040 yen, if it is WiiWare game then it will be priced in WiiPoints (and WiiWare games won't be that expensive...)

Interesting concept for playing with both DS and Wii. In this way I don't have to buy 2 identical games to play with my bro.

Now where is the Crystal Bearers???

Handheld Nintendo 3DS [Cosmo Black] (JP)
  Nintendo 3DS [Aqua Blue] (JP)
Console Nintendo Wii (JP)
Gaming PC Intel Core i7-2600
  ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
  ASUS ENGTX580 DCII
  Corsair DDR3-1333 16GB
  Team Xtreem S1 120GB SSD
  Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850W

I don't understand what's wrong with this game? you can connect with other users from other consoles and play. I think that¡s pretty cool.

So Square-Enix is really short on money! Oh well, not like they really matter to me anymore.

Go Namco! Keep bringing the good RPGs my way!

As long as we're still getting Crystal Bearers this game sounds fine to me.

Interested in hearing more about it...