By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales Up --- PS3 is DESTROYED!

It`s good for the 360 and bad for the ps3... but someone smart at Ninty said that is not the graphics,it`s not the cpu power,it`s the games that matter. And now the 360 has Fable 2 and Gears 2 plus some nice casual games. The price cut helped and prepared the Xmass battle,so it`s all good for the 360.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Aww... leo-j was finally wrong.

:'(

He was out of the clear in a couple of weeks too. From LBP launch on forward, he would have been out of the woods.

Damn you Microsoft and your price drops!

Oh well, it was a really bold prediction leo, and it lasted for nine months. Most people laughed you out of threads with that prediction, one even prematurely made a thread in that you were wrong, but alas, you made it until this week.

I still think it was an awesome prediction. And if everyone wanted to give JL a pass at making 20 mil by 2008, and missing by 350k units, I think we can all give you a pass by missing last week by 3.5k units.

THIS. And I still think that the prediction is still going strong, and that adjustments will be made again.

4 ≈ One

We'll see how things stabilize post-price drop, but given this was the first full week, of course 360 sales would go up, and PS3 sales down. But as we can see with the JP preview, and last weeks American sales, 360 sales are dropping at a steady clip.

Anyhoo, who wants to make a Leo-j was wrong thread this time? I actually support it being made. It would be really nice to have a post-mortem on it, since it was such a bold prediction back in 2007.

Cheebee said:
Hmmm, fascinating. Then again, would be utterly weird if the machine didn't sell more than the PS3 after a significant pricecut. :p So, this was to be expected, I guess.

30 pounds isn't a big cut, but have noticed a large amount of recognition (it seems the difference between the way people view 160 and 130 pounds is vastly different). I've seen quite a few PS3 owners purchasing 360's for GeoW1 & 2 at college.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

Keep in mind... if PS3+ 360 > Wii...Everybody wins!

Around the Network

i wouldn't care if the 360 just spiked but the ps3 took a serious hit there, that what matters

Euphoria14 said:
Soriku said:
LOL leo-j failed the prediction? XD

Paging Neos...

You better be careful. Last time everyone tried that NPD released and leo-j had the last laugh.

I thought the same.   ioi is really adjusting sales a lot, it takes more time before we get sales;....they lost their source? Something happened?

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

it managed fine in 07

When something is £130 for that much, it is hard to refuse. I think the PS3's line up for this year is far better (R2, LBP and MS 2 are all going to be awesome!) but I just dont think it can compete with that massive price cut. They either have to ship every console with Uncharted and Ratchet (or MS, R.....) or cut the price down to £250 at the highest.

I think SONY may have a minor price cut in late November.

4 ≈ One

ZenfoldorVGI said:
You Sony guys, remember when I said that we wouldn't know if the price cut worked until we saw consistancy in sales over a few months?

You guys all thought I was damage controlling, or whatever.

I bet you agree with me now though.

????

This was the first full week of the price drop

what consistency are you talking about?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey