By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales Up --- PS3 is DESTROYED!

atma998 said:
neither PS2

Then what is?

The ps2 is the only console to have sold more than 140 million.

The console with the best games in history, so then if that isnt enough

what is then?

mM
Around the Network
psrock said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Nintendo incredible as always, microsoft really good....Sony, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

PS3 #

last week                     this week

65,008  units                64,089 units

Shocking drop indeed...

If that trend continues, the PS3 will be at less that 15k per week in a year!  I smell DOOM!!! 

DMeisterJ said:
Lots of people are too extreme in this thread.

PS3 sales are down the first full week of the 360 price drop, ZOMFG!!! Price cut PS3 is necessary!!!

No, calm down people. Let's wait a few weeks okay? Look at Japan? 360 is falling every week since it's price-drop high. Look at America? 360 is falling post-price drop also. If I were a predicting man, I would predict things back to normal LBP week, with PS3 beating 360 across all territories, but I'm not one, but things will be back to normal in a few weeks. Breathe, stretch, shake, and let it go.

It will be interesting to watch sales in Europe the next weeks/months. It is no surprise that this week X360 outsold the PS3. Incidentally I was overhearing an executive of a large European store chain who confirmed what I had noticed: When the X360 dropped in price, the sales of the PS3 absolutely stalled for several days and has not recovered. This happened not because the price of the X360 was lowered below a "sweet price spot", but because the _price difference_ between X360 and PS3 crossed a critical point. PS3 was always a lot more expensive than X360 but it did not matter as it was considered "good money for better equiment" (both consoles are still considered expensive by families walking past the boxes). The price difference is now almost exactly 1PS3 or 2X360 60G (the arcades are not really offered in the shops) and families buy X360s or PS2s.

Combine the now huge price difference with the economic problems that have hit Europe (yesterday was the first sign of the coming storm when around 20 banks in all parts of Europe were saved by their governments), Sony is the manufacturer most liekly to take hits the rest of the year - then again, Sony has only planned for 10nio units this fiscal year, unchanged from the previous fy, so they have correctly foreseen the troubles lying ahead).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/releases.php?month=10&year=2008&region=Europe&console=PS3&publisher=

October will be good a month for PS3, this should be as low as it will get until January.

Great for MS and the 360, if the PS3 doesn't drop its price then I can see the 360 outselling the PS3 by at least 1.5 mil this Holiday season.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Kane said:
DMeisterJ said:
psrock said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Nintendo incredible as always, microsoft really good....Sony, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

PS3 #

last week                     this week

65,008  units                64,089 units

Shocking drop indeed...

Shush!

Don't you dare try to make sense in this thread.  You must be spinning data.

of sure thos number are from next gen wars?

I know you wont last long in this site, but at least learn to go through it during your short stay.

What?

You ask how sony is doing crappy??? Dude, just compare the ps2 to the ps3, and then look at the sales of psp and you'll see what do i mean... Thats what i found funny. The #1 market for sony was Europe. They called every console there a ps2 last generation....
i dont laugh at sony in american sales, because its ok...but here...its number one market??? Being at the bottom???? Well, i found that funny...its my personal opinion. If you dont like it, i dont care dude seriously. You should stop being that annoying towards me (you always have something to say when i post) because im getting tired. If you want to comment on something i said, at least do it right. Dont bring stuffs i didnt even say.

Sony is doing crappy compared to last generation....and i find funny that after they became the console reference in Europe, they're at the bottom now.

Your hate to my posts is so sad dude )=

DTG said:
wow, the dirt cheap xbox beats the super expensive ps3 for one week.... What a surprise. If anything MS sould be ashamed that they have to be selling their system at peanuts to outsell the most expensive PS3 for what is likely to be a single or two weeks.

Is it really peanuts when they are making a profit...

shouldn't they be happy they are outselling a product that still loses money on each console sold?

Despite costing more... the PS3 is really the console selling for "peanuts".

Hmmm.. Why are 360 fanboys rejoicing? It only outsold the Ps3 by 26K. Nothing to write home about especially with that ridicolously low price.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Great for MS and the 360, if the PS3 doesn't drop its price then I can see the 360 outselling the PS3 by at least 1.5 mil this Holiday season.

Really that much.