By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Plans To Charge Fees For MAG!!!!!!!

Sephiroth357 said:
Shadowblind said:

So? If its good, it shouldn't matter if you need to pay to play. It just has to be worth it. thats why Xbox LIVE is thriving with paid subscriptions.

Let me demonstrate.

Xbox live= Mag99(100+mag9+10)10

I just thought you might want some perspective on the equation you wrote...

Mag Xbox Live
0.001 1E-277
0.01 1E-178
0.1 1E-79
1 1.1E+20
10 1E+289

so by your logic...Xbox Live is >>>>>>> Mag UNLESS Mag is scored at less than a 1.

just saying...

Around the Network
blackstar said:
yo_john117 said:
its not that big of a deal. Its pretty common to pay for services...they have to make their money somehow.

by buying the game????

i think the sales of the game will take a serious hit because of that,,,,

is anyone here paying to play shooters?????

Xbox live? Zing.

markers said:
id wish people would actually read the article because all it says is its a survey, which means, more than likely, if enough negative response about the fee then it will be scratched....use you brains people

Actually if you read it the survey is about HOW the people want to pay, not whether there will be payments or not. I wish people would read the damn news...

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
markers said:
id wish people would actually read the article because all it says is its a survey, which means, more than likely, if enough negative response about the fee then it will be scratched....use you brains people

Actually if you read it the survey is about HOW the people want to pay, not whether there will be payments or not. I wish people would read the damn news...

yes but there is also an option that states you would not be interested in playing this game if a fee was attached, please re-read

markers said:
vlad321 said:
markers said:

yes but there is also an option that states you would not be interested in playing this game if a fee was attached, please re-read

Right. How did you interpret that as a possibility that they will drop fees?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
markers said:
vlad321 said:
markers said:

Right. How did you interpret that as a possibility that they will drop fees?

if they get an overwhelming response to drop fees then they would have to. especially if they feel that it would threaten sales of the game. its common business knowledge. they can easily look for alternative routes to fund the servers and what not for this game.

really this thread should be locked until further information about this game is out

Seriously, the OP needs to edit the first post, like, ASAP. Its just a survey asking the opinion of people on if they could charge a subscription fee. Im sure that will be a massive no and it will go away. This is how games get bad reps they dont deserve.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

This is a smart idea but not as structured. The way to do it is to do what Warhawk has done. An upfront cost, say 40 dollars, then microtransactions that include new content. 8 dollars for new maps and vehicles, another 8 for even more content ect. You don't have to pay it, but it limits you to servers without the content.

As its structured I know for sure MAG would be expandable with new vehicles and maps. If you really just wanted the basic game that would be on the table, if you played a lot the extra content would make sense (I bought most of the warhawk packs for instance). Win/Win.

Its funny how so many people are pissed about this. The 360 doesn't even let you get online without forking over 5 bucks a month.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

So the Sony fanboys who complained about MS charging for their online service are now embracing Sony doing the same thing.

Ahh, sweet sweet doublethink...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
So the Sony fanboys who complained about MS charging for their online service are now embracing Sony doing the same thing.

Ahh, sweet sweet doublethink...

Really the opposite here, many people do not wish to pay a monthly fee for this game.