By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 150 million PS3's???

the industry has always said exclusives sale the console(in the wii's case wht i don't no old games do the trick? wvc). anything is possible. mabe if they atracted casual gamers. had a hardcore game(like in the case of grand theft auto san andreas saling17m on the ps2!) they could do it. never no. this indusry is one that is ward to judge. its not over until 2016.

Around the Network

mmmmm.... no :)

Pristine20 said:
I see you're new to the site

4 ≈ One

PS3 and 360 will both settle somewhere between 50 and 65 million units. That's higher than any other non-first-place console ever, and even some first-place winners.

However, the two of them COMBINED will come nowhere close to 150 million.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I have personally thought from the beginning that it will sell 35-55 Million in 5 or so years, and will last about 6 years.

Around the Network

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1c46ad2e-5678-11dd-8686-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

Here is the link that was missing....

That's a ridiculous target!

It was an optimistic statement by Kaz from before the economy went to hell, back when PS3 was selling well and people expected a price drop last year before the holidays, back when SCE was going to make a profit easily ...

Kaz:

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Well that require selling over 10 million consoles a year. They are at about 20 mil now a couple of years in....we will just have to see how price cuts etc make a difference. And good god Sony ADVERTISE YOUR GAMES!!

Lol @ thread. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046