By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My honest thoughts on Wii Music

I'm a stern believer that this game isn't as bad as people say it will be.

Why I believe people hate Wii Music: Part 1

Nintendo's E3 08 Press Conference was nothing short of a disappointment.  Some expected Zelda, Some expected Kid Icarus, and most expected some core game for the core audience.  Instead, we got Wii Music.  Unfortunately, this game is being demonized because it's being associated with the Wii's weak fall line-up.  It's also being associated with Nintendo abandoning it's core fanbase and in favor of releasing shovelware that sells well.  This is not the case.

First, Iwata actually apologized for the lack of core titles.  He honestly didn't have to.  He could have said something to the nature of "Fuck you fanbase, we know have a new audience to fill our bank accounts" but he didn't.  I think it takes balls for a president to apologize like that.  Second, there was a heavy emphasis on third party titles for the Wii at the E3 Press Conference.  Let's face it, third party developers can't compete with Nintendo titles being released on Nintendo consoles around the same time.  With this in mind, I'm sure Nintendo is giving third party developers a chance to sell on the Wii.  I don't about you guys but I might actually look into World at War, Shaun White's Snowboarding and other third party titles.  Third, MotionPlus is now in the mix.  I'm sure this device wouldn't be on the want list of consumers if there wasn't software to back it up.  I don't know but lets wait til '09 and decide to get rid of our Wii's or not.

Why I believe people hate Wii Music: Part 2

If you haven't already seen videos for this game, they're pretty awful.  From the dog costume, to the cheerleader, to the drummer, it's becoming easier to say this game will be shovelware.  For a game, it would make sense to highlight the best parts of a game with trailers that show reasons to be interested.  Wii Music does the opposite.  I'm sure as more and more are released, the core fanbases will be repelled more and more from this game but what's this?  Most games have good trailers.  Do trailers decide whether a game is good or bad? No.  Do reviews decide whether a game is a good or bad? For the most part, yes.  Has Wii Music been reviewed yet?  No.  Has everything this game have to offer been shown? No.  In short, let's not jump the gun.

Conclusion 

If you don't like the game, don't buy it.  If you see yourself fit to call this game shovelware, don't comment here.  Let's just acknowledge this game exists, whether its existence offends you or not.  It's here and it's not going to go away just because you don't like it.  I see myself looking back at this 5 years from now and laughing.  If you're a Nintendo fan and you're going to doubt them now.. you should have left them a while back. 

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Now that you've given us your honest thoughts, tell us how you really feel.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Now that you've given us your honest thoughts, tell us how you really feel.

I feel Wii Music is a noteworthy game, whether it's shovelware or not.

Pixel Art can be fun.

simply not my kind of game, i seen a gameplay demo of a girl banging drums it looked awfull, it will sell many units thats garanteed, i will not buy it at all.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
simply not my kind of game, i seen a gameplay demo of a girl banging drums it looked awfull, it will sell many units thats garanteed, i will not buy it at all.

I salute you, sir. You're not whining about the game but rather have made a decision not to buy it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I feel offended by this game's existence.

I'm hoping that's just some of your classic brand of sarcasm.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Nintendo does not produce 'shovelware'. That very notion should be bring down the wrath of God by any who speak it.

However, Wii Music is something that should be around $20 based on initial views and interpretations. Look at the facts. Every other Wii branded game has come packed in with some hardware.

Wii Sports with Wii
Wii Play with wiimote
Wii Fit with balance board
Wii Sports 2 (whatever its name is) with motion plus

Why is Wii Music on its own at full price? Clearly even Nintendo execs haven't had a ton of reasoning for this yet.

Oh wait this is one missing. Wii Chess. A budget title that hasn't even reached NA yet, and when it does it will probably be a Wii Ware game.

Either there is some big part of this game that hasn't been realized OR it is just Nintendo trying to rape the pure expanded audience that this game appeals to. Those poor soles. After all Nintendo realized that they would pay full price for the gems 3rd parties have rushed to the market.

The only problem I have with Wii music is that it doesn't appeal to me at this time. Maybe after I play with it, I might get it. It's one of those big ? marks.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Do you think if Wii Music fails we will get Kid Icarus or Zelda faster? I think the core is getting a little upset at the focus on the casual gamer.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What gave the OP the impression that Wii Music is a game?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.