By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WII sales die down?

Diomedes1976 said:
Well sales have declined somewhat in Japan.And in USA the last months have been of continuous decline although still in great numbers.About Europe we dont know...after vgchartz data its selling more but we have no proof whatsoever about that.I mean ,its more that 10 million in Europe after vgchartz data and Nintendo has never claimed that mark it could be perfectly wrong.

Check it: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/080730e.pdf

Very bottom page gives a run-down of all the hardware and software shipped during Q1 (April, May, June) as well as LTD figures for the end of June.

Nintendo had shipped 10.08 million Wiis to "others" by the end of June.... Your only possible come back to that is "shipped != sold" but even you can't seriously believe the Wii has not yet sold what was shipped 3 months ago.

Around the Network

I figure that Wii sales will 'die down' by this time next year, in that they'll have Wiis on store shelves that last more than a day or two. Of course, there's still going to be a massive shortage for the holidays until at least 2010, and maybe 2011.

Of course, I also expect Ninty to raise the production rate by 600K a month or so by then.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Both the Wii and Mario will die next month, with the release of LBP.

Wii sales will slow down when ps360 sales are dead.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

c0rd said:
Chrizum said:
Wii's peak year will undoubtly be 2009. 2010 will be a little better than 2008. I think in 2011 Wii sales will slow down to normal (not outselling PS360 combined) levels.

Oh, interesting - do you think at 2011 HD consoles will be outselling the Wii? By 2011 the 360 will be 6yrs old, with the PS3 at 5yrs old. I doubt they'll be having spectacular sales by then, though I could be wrong. I figured from next year on out it'll only get more one-sided (favoring the Wii).

No, I'm saying by 2011 Wii might not be consistently outselling the PS3 and 360 combined anymore (as it's doing now). It will still sell heaps better than either the PS3 or (especially) the 360 though.

Around the Network

Only time will tell.

I stand by my thoughts.

Yet another desperate fanboy wish thread? Wasn't the wii supposed to die when GTA came out? Then when MGS came out? Waiting for the LBP will kill Wii thread. Wii was supposed to die halfway through 2008 too, according to a certain persons sig but now it has been mysteriously removed!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

or when my penis have the same size that John Holmes had........

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Pristine20 said:
There can only be a finite # of people interested in mario, etc...it will die eventually

Before I start thinking about where to respond to that silliness, you're joking, right?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.