By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why can't Forza sell like Gran Turismo

That means that to get to 10 million units of GT5 sold, 2 out of three current owners would have to buy the game.

Which is why it won't sell 10 million.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
gt 5 IS HUGE.

especially in europe, some people will get ps3 just to play the game.
even with the low install base ps2 gt 3 a spec sold over 14 million.

gt 4 sold less for a reason: piracy still got over 9 million.

GT4 sold less because it was the 2nd installment on the console, and it didn't do a lot more. Other racers "caught up" and it wasn't a lot better than them.

And people, Ps3 is likely to get at least 50M sold. So, if GT5 is bundled a bit (it probably will be), it could make 10M (ish), in a MK64/SM64 way.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i guess comparing forza 2 (a complete game) to GT5P (just a prologue) is unfair. they can still make hell lot of a improvements on GT5, why the release date of GT5 is so late?? is the developing team sleeping from now till Gt5 releases?

lets wait n see guys ;)

KylieDog said:
taxman said:

If GT5 doesn't sell 5-7m within 6 months of release (or to about 20% of PS3 owners by the time it comes out) I will permaban myself from this site.

Put this permantly into your sig

I would, but judging by the time it will take to actually come out, I will say any predictions on GT5 are Waaaaaaaaaay to early...

This is one of the prime examples of why it is frustrating to be a ps3 owner...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Gran Turismo Series has a much larger and loyal fan base and has been around much longer than Forza Series.
Forza is considered an imitation of Gran Turismo series. Imitations are never as good as the Real McCoy in regards to popularity, brand recognition.
On XBox Forza also has to contend with Project Gotham Racing and other racing simulator game series.
On Sony console Gran Turismo is the main racing simulation series.

Around the Network

As seen in this thread, only xbox fanboys will think Forza is better, everybody else will agree that GT I better. I have a couple of friends that are not gamers and are car fanatics. They only buy racing games, one of them bought a 360 bundle with Forza and to put it nicely he said he can't wait for GT5.

OMG Apollos is such an........well

I won't wate my typing energy!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ronster316 said:
Having played GT 3 and then GT 4 i have to say that they should have called GT 4 GT 3.5, Afterall it looked identical and added like what? 2 or 3 tracks? (I know, lets add a snowy track and call it GT 4, that will shut them up for another 4 years) The problem is that sony fanboys will never acknowledge the fact that there are other racers out there that are just as good or in forza 2's case......... better than GT, GT fans speak like the game is "untouchable"........ Sorry, but that is simply not the case anymore

"The problem Sony fanboys blablablablabla"

First of all, it doesn't seem like you played GT4 too much. It has 3x the content of GT3.

Second, is there a simulation that is in any way close to what the GT series offer? no, I don't see one either...and not Forza 2.

Lastly, you're known to be a Sony hater... so why should anyone listen to you?

In every genre, and on every platform, there are games which are not the best games in the genre which (dramatically) outsell games that are better than them. The reason for this is often that one game is more familiar to most consumers than the "better" game is and/or the game is on a much more popular system than the "better" game is.

Gran Turismo 5 European sales > Forza 2 worldwide sales

Quote me on that.