By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why can't Forza sell like Gran Turismo

tombi123 said:
Do people even realise that the motor industry thinks Gran Turismo is the most realistic driving sim? I think they know more than you.

I have played all the GT games and Forza 2. The cars drive so much more realistically and better in Gran Turismo.

That must mean you've driven all these cares in real life!  You're so cool

Around the Network
Cueil said:
tombi123 said:
Do people even realise that the motor industry thinks Gran Turismo is the most realistic driving sim? I think they know more than you.

I have played all the GT games and Forza 2. The cars drive so much more realistically and better in Gran Turismo.

That must mean you've driven all these cares in real life!  You're so cool

No but polyphony digital actually does and takes their time with it too.

Ronster316 said:
Xen said:
Ronster316 said:
Having played GT 3 and then GT 4 i have to say that they should have called GT 4 GT 3.5, Afterall it looked identical and added like what? 2 or 3 tracks? (I know, lets add a snowy track and call it GT 4, that will shut them up for another 4 years) The problem is that sony fanboys will never acknowledge the fact that there are other racers out there that are just as good or in forza 2's case......... better than GT, GT fans speak like the game is "untouchable"........ Sorry, but that is simply not the case anymore

"The problem Sony fanboys blablablablabla"

First of all, it doesn't seem like you played GT4 too much. It has 3x the content of GT3.

Second, is there a simulation that is in any way close to what the GT series offer? no, I don't see one either...and not Forza 2.

Lastly, you're known to be a Sony hater... so why should anyone listen to you?

Oh, So a few new cars and a couple of extra tracks make GT 4 stand out over GT 3 huh , yeah, I dislike sony but the bottom line is that GT 3 is better than GT 4 because GT 4 aside from a few more cars and everyones fave new snowy track brought nothing to the table....................

I'll give credit where credits due....... God of war, Metal gear solid ect, But the truth is that Gran turismo has been caught up in terms of great racing games and the only reason you still think its "untouchable" is because its a sony game........

Known sony hater yes, But theres known sony fanboys who hate Microsoft so why should anybody listen to them? Its called an opinion.....................

And lastly you are a stern supporter of Sony and Nintendo and you advise people to boycott Microsoft so why should anyone listen to you either?

I have never prior to today said anything like "why should anyone listen to you"

But today i have made an exception just for you

Let people have an opinion and chill out huh

You obviously know nothing about GT4. Not only were there a good number of new tracks but they included the Nurburgring and the Circuit de la Sarthe, which both added immense depth to the game. Then there's 24 hour races, B-Spec mode, Driving Missions, Photo Mode, about twice the number of cars that GT3 had, the campaign is at least 100 hours longer and if you go back to them now you realise that the GT4 graphics are leagues better than GT3.

You say the only reason people think GT is the best is that it's a Sony game. I can throw that right back at you and say that the only reason you have so much against it is because it's a Sony game, and the only reason you have so much against GT4 is that it's simply one of the best videogames ever made and it burns you that it's made by Sony.

On topic:

GT sells better because it's more established and Forza is the imitation. However, it's also because PD are among the most dedicated developers that exist (although I'd rather they didn't take their time so much) - as many will know they designed the in-car computer on the Nissan GT-R. They're simply a part of the industry and it's unlikely that any other developer will become so any time soon.

What the xbox fanboys (and there are plenty of them here on this thread) don't understand is that the whole automotive industry is behind Gran Turismo, people that actually work on cars, test drive different cars, even car manufacturers reveal their cars through Gran Turismo.

These are professional car enthusiasts, not some kids on a forum that have an agenda and everything is about console wars. They don't have an agenda or console preference, most of them don't even play videogames save for racing simulators. The consensus is out there, Gran Turismo is the best racing car simulator on Home Consoles, this is not just my opinon, but of that of MANY PROFESSIONAL AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIASTS. The xbox fanboys can blindly ignore that, but it is what it is.

Also on the topic of "There's more competition now" and "The PS3 userbase is so much smaller", well that didn't stop GT5P from outselling GT4P did it? Also it's worth mentioning that competition on FPS on consoles is much more fierce than racing sims, and the 360 userbase is smaller than the XBox as of right now and that didn't stop Halo 3 from outselling the 1st one and being well on its way to outselling the 2nd one.

I'll make a one year signature and avatar bet with anyone here that GT5 will reach 10+ million LTD on the PS3.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Tyrannical said:
Gran Turismo's days are over, the first Forza already trumped that series in terms of realism. Turismo is still just an arcade style racer, while Forza is a racing simulator.

Fucking ROFLMAO....this guy tyrannical must be living under a rock...and BIG rock.

^_^

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:
I Have Played both games And I know for a fact that Forza Is not the same quality as Gt. Forza is a great game but Gt Is a driving simulator and thats what its known for and i think thats what give GT the edge over Forza.

Anway Thats Just my opinion!

Smart marketing helps. Did you notice you just quoted GT's marketing motto? The truth is, both Forza and GT are sub-standard as far as driving simulators go - the real ones can't be made on consoles anyway, that's why they are pc only.

But good marketing makes you believe that when you play GT you are closer to reality than the competitors - it's the real driving simulator, afterall... right?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

BMaker11 said:
Splenda14 said:
Aj_habfan said:
Highly established franchise and major worldwide appeal, I don't think any racing series besides Mario Kart can touch it.

didnt they bundle  Forza 2

This is more oriented towards the guy who said that Forza 2 beat out Forza 1 by 3 million copies, but.....ZING!

They also had that Forza 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2-pack you could buy last year.  We have tons of used copies at our store.

tombi123 said:
Gran Turismo 5 European sales > Forza 2 worldwide sales

Quote me on that.

but gran turismo IS better alot better tan forza,  not because mass because simply because its ages better than why it have outsell every car simulator until now

I've never seen a thread where the trolls have fallen so gracefully on their faces. Quite entertaining.

Apollo said:
WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?
Forza 2 out sold GT5P throughout.

GT5p : 2.02million worldwide
Forza2: 4.01 million worldwide

it looks like the question should be why hasn't GT5p sold more than Forza2.
and GT5 has been available as a pS3 bundle for over 6 months. and it still only has 50% of the sales that Forza 2!....this surely is some kind of joke right?

Hilarious.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com