By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood a 6.5

Ps:Sorry if this has been already post.

Closing Comments
Sonic Chronicles isn't a bad game overall, but it does suffer from a list of things that keep it from being a title we can recommend to just anyone. The character balancing is strong, the game is simply beautiful, and there's more effort put into the front end and general flow of the game than most DS titles out there. On the gameplay front though, players will need to suffer through tedious point-to-point fetch quests with very little story to push the experience, and a battle system that gets too repetitive far too fast. Random balance issues make the fights a bit awkward, while the framerate and camera follow issues mix with some odd collision in the overworld and broken flow that requires you to talk to NPC's to solve a puzzle that's sitting right in front of the team. The dialogue doesn't push the story at all, and it just takes too long for the story to get moving, having you repeat areas long after they wear out their welcome, and do fetch quest after fetch quest just to lengthen the experience. There's fun to be had, and the game does pick up after the first few hours, but we'd be surprised to see many DS gamers get behind Dark Brotherhood while there are so many superior role-playing games on the platform. There's a good design in here somewhere; it's just lost in the shuffle of it all.

Link:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/913/913197p2.html

Around the Network

Ouch!

ouch indeed

Whoa! Did not expect that number from a bioware game

Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3/X360--FAIL
Sonic and the Secret Rings on Wii--FAIL
Sonic Chronicles on DS--FAIL

Only thing left is the new Sonic game that will be released on the PS3/Xbox 360.

Sega should just retire the franchise. I gave up on the franchise when it left the Sega Genesis. I knew Sega would use Sonic a lot. So they can be saved in the console wars. But the franchise failed and lost steam. After Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I lost complete interest in the series.

Around the Network

who could have foreseen that the blistering fast speed of Sonic and the menu based RPG genre would coalesce in to a less than stellar final product.

Not I... Not I in the least.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I'm really shock too I thought it would have get a 8 or atlest a 7 :/

ctk495 said:

but we'd be surprised to see many DS gamers get behind Dark Brotherhood while there are so many superior role-playing games on the platform

So, in other words, the game isn't bad, just not good enough to be among the best of the bests.

Galaki said:
ctk495 said:

but we'd be surprised to see many DS gamers get behind Dark Brotherhood while there are so many superior role-playing games on the platform

So, in other words, the game isn't bad, just not good enough to be among the best of the bests.

Exactly...this game has proven to be bashed because its not like those other superior games up in the ranks.

IGN and reviewers suck at recommending games to gamers, seriously. They should just STFU and think before they actually type a review up.

I-I'm not g-gonna cry.