By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does anyone still believe PS3 will win the console war?

sure.. if this "generation" lasts uptil 2015.. prolly second place to nintendo i say..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

Hey Paul, it's also possible for Apple, NEC, Toshiba, Matsushita, Google and Sega will come out with new consoles in 2009 and Nintendo will call it quits in 2010.

Or Sony will give all their world wide studios to Nintendo and sell their Blu Ray technology to them for $5.00.

Microsoft might give Nintendo their online service in exchange for a tour of NOA headquarters.

Aliens might come down to Earth and take Shiggy back to his home planet.

I mean according to you it could all happen. Right...RIGHT?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
...sell their Blu Ray technology to them for $5.00.

Well, if Blu-ray adoption rates stall, that could be a great strategy; if forcing blu-ray adoption is still high on Sony's agenda.

I guess so Viper.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

I guess the question in the topic has been answered a long long time ago.
There are still people that think that the Playstation 3 will win in the end.

Myself I do not think that this will happen. And I also think that people underestimate the power of the Xbox 360.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

10 years plan ... waouw

PS3 could possibly win in the long term ... the question is : Who care ??

We will all be playing on our XBOX 1080 or Wii 5

Pfff..

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

lol

can somebody please explain what is in it for a wii gamer that thier system sells most?

all the best games are on hd consoles. in fact they cant even compare imo

this is like saying an austin allegro is a better car because it sold more cars than a mclaren f1 in the uk.

its possible that end of gen wii has more sales than ps3, but apart from a mario zelda a kart a brawl, whats in it for a gamer?

the wii profits arnt in your back pocket so stop clutching straws

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
lol

can somebody please explain what is in it for a wii gamer that thier system sells most?

this is like saying an austin allegro is a better car because it sold more cars than a mclaren f1 in the uk.

its possible that end of gen wii has more sales than ps3, but apart from a mario zelda a kart a brawl, whats in it for a gamer?

Coming from a guy who has a quote "patiently awaiting ps3 sales to exceed 360 sales"

in his sig even though 360 has a bigger and better library and more AAA games. Wow

spidey_77 said:
Skeeuk said:
lol

Coming from a guy who has a quote "patiently awaiting ps3 sales to exceed 360 sales"

in his sig even though 360 has a bigger and better library and more AAA games. Wow

the "patiantly awaiting ps3 sales to exceed 360 sales" thats a bet ive had with a freind of mine.

360 has a bigger library, and due to a 16 month head start there was some good games released, but they are old news to me ive played them and traded them, no future title intrests me on 360 apart from 2. so what of it. i wont be playing 2 yer old games this fall, so theres no point in bringing that up

i was origionally talking about wii games, the hd console games are miles better.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

This will probably strike many around here as a very foreign and impossible concept, but there are people who enjoy games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, and yes, even Carnival Games. But they aren't interested in games like Halo 3, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, or even LittleBigPlanet. These people, whom I'm sure many here would be tempted to write off as "casual gamers" and be done with them, are as valid of customers as any of us are; our money is not worth any more to the industry at large than theirs is. They are downmarket gamers, often new to the market or just disinterested in moving upmarket at the moment.

And of course, there are the midmarket gamers who also enjoy the Wii series, but will still play some upmarket games as well. Most gamers actually fall into this category, and I'm sure they vex the self-proclaimed hardcore even more since they can't rightly be labeled "casual" if they also enjoy games like Super Smash Bros Brawl and Resident Evil 4. They are the market's actual lifeblood, you see; the gamers who will buy pretty much anything as long as it entertains them.

The group that only buys upmarket games, of course, will happily identify itself as "hardcore". And if they want such a negative label, they're welcome to it (try looking up "hardcore" some time; it basically means somebody who's dead set in their ways and opposed to change, like the cliche'd old man who complains about "them damned kids"). But I'm sure this market is well known; they're the sorts who scoff at the Wii series and think that the 360 and PS3 are superior platforms based on the games they like. And for their own tastes, they're absolutely right. The Wii is not particularly littered with upmarket games, after all.

Well, there you have it in a nutshell. The Wii sells the most because it appeals to the downmarket and midmarket consumer. In other words, to people who will play only simple games and to people who will play just about anything.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.