By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Errors in data in this website

Yeah, I came across this as well. PS2 Europe data is not present, and should be considered whenever you graph PS2 sales versus anything (at the moment, PS2/PS3 seem almost neck and neck worldwide - which is quite wrong).

Another one to look for, is when you use "align charts" and there is a lag in the launches between countries. The resultant graphs look quite odd - but are actually correct.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Ahh well, i don't really feel we can complain about anything really, unless you have donated :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. It might not be a bad idea, though, to put some kind of disclaimer on the chart page that says something like "European data not included in total for many systems." It might prevent this question being asked by someone else in the future.

I disagree with the way this site is done then. The PS2 is still by far alive and kicking. If it was discontinued then I would agree with cutting it off but by no means so I agree with killing off something that still in production that holds it's own against one of the next-gen consoles (Wii) in both power and worldwide sales (there is no denying this).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
I disagree with the way this site is done then. The PS2 is still by far alive and kicking. If it was discontinued then I would agree with cutting it off but by no means so I agree with killing off something that still in production that holds it's own against one of the next-gen consoles (Wii) in both power and worldwide sales (there is no denying this).

ioi said:
As has been explained, data for countries other than America and Japan are only available on the database for current gen consoles. Similarly, American data only goes back one generation at present. When looking at data, be sure to use the filters to check which data is actually being included. With time, more of this information will be added.

Around the Network

It's a matter of availability ssj12, data on the PS2 in other countries isn't as available as yet.

ssj12 said:

uh..."hold its own against one of the next-gen consoles"?  Don't forget it's beating the other two...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

What is this 5 mods in one thread?! lol a rare ocassion indeed.

mM