By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Ail said:
chenguo4 said:
Ail said:

Finished my first playthrough of Dragon Age 2.

I kind of enjoyed it.

The only thing I missed compared to DAO was a strong party member like Morrigan to grow attached to. Although Isabella isn't bad, she just isn't of the same caliber...

So Ail, what did you like and not like about DA2? I'm on the fence about this one.

I like the new combat system that everyone is moaning and pissing about.

I like the story, you would thing that the fact that it's being told by someone would make it less interesting but it doesn't.

I like some of the characters( Aveline, Varrick, Isabella are cool) and the small appearances that some DAO characters make.

I don't like the loading times ( they are way too long).

I miss Morrigan.... *cry*... *sobs*.... ( although it's no surprise, she was in my view the best chracter ever in any rpg I have ever played).

I dislike some of the new party members ( Merril, Anders,bleh).

I dislike the loot ( you shoudn't have to waste time to examine a random amulet to see if it's better than your current gear, give good loot special names so that we don't waste our time there, I'm tired to find a superior sword that is better than the kick ass sword of doom of the archdemon...).

___________________________________________________________________________________

I was so pissed that they didnt really go into the decision that you made at the end of Dragon Age Origins with Morrigan, when I heard about Dragon Age 2 that was the number 1 thing i want to know about.  and then to play it and the only mention of Morrigan is very briefly by Flemeth towards the beginning of the game, and that was it.  I was almost thinking Hawke would be the child of Morrigan and your character from the first but guess that wasnt the case

the battle system i didnt like at first but when i looked back on Origins i remember myself hammering on the attack button so its probably what i wanted all along lol 

i didnt like the fact that you couldnt change your parties armor, a minor annoyance but meh

story was ok, but it didnt have the same epic scale as Origins, more down to earth about family and politics

and i really disliked the fact that they reused to many areas over and over again

all that being said i thouroughly enjoyed it, i really believe that Bioware could make a Barney the Dinosaur game and i would buy it lol

Around the Network

All I can say without giving spoilers is that I really really doubt Dragon Age is over after Dragon Age 2.

The Blight was nothing compared to what is coming ;)

On a side note I just finished the latest Me2 DLC.

I am now officially ready for the Reapers. Bring it on !!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@fadetoone: do you remember which HDD model you used?

@zuvuyeay: so you haven't experienced any stuttering in the XMB or during in-game cut scenes with your WD 360GB?

@Arcturus
I'm also thinking of upgrading my PS3's hard drive, and have been eyeballing a 500GB WD 5400 RPM drive. In fact, this is the exact HDD I was eyeballing...

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Drive-WD5000BEVT/dp/B001JSSDGU/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1301975484&sr=1-1

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:

@Arcturus
I'm also thinking of upgrading my PS3's hard drive, and have been eyeballing a 500GB WD 5400 RPM drive. In fact, this is the exact HDD I was eyeballing...

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Drive-WD5000BEVT/dp/B001JSSDGU/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1301975484&sr=1-1

thats the hard drive i installed on my PS3 and it has been great so far!

@MasterVG71782 & Draven26: That's the exact HDD that I would like to use for my upgrade too. I've read lots of positive comments from people using it to upgrade their PS3, but there are a few comments like this:

"Not recommended for PS3

Pros: 500GB, cheap.

Cons: Despite what other people have said I would not recommend this drive for a PS3. The drive's firmware will aggressively park the heads and spin down the drive after only 4 seconds of inactivity. Under Windows, the power management software keeps this under control, but when using the drive in the PS3 or on a Mac, it is a real problem. If you leave the PS3 alone for more than a few seconds, the drive goes to sleep and the subsequent spin up delay causes the PS3 to hang for 5-10 seconds. This happens in the XMB all the time but also during some games. Not only is this incredibly annoying but parking the head that frequently can wear out the mechanism and cause the drive to fail sooner than normal. Google for Western Digital aggressive head parking and you will find lots of forum posts on the subject."

Maybe I'll give it a shot anyway. Thanks everyone.

L. A. Noire trophy list revealed on official website:

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/features/achievements//

Glad that this Rockstar-associated game ain't got online multiplayer. And Team Bondi is from Sydney, where I'm at - I used to work in Bondi (suburb) too! Really excited for this title! =P

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Esquoret said:

L. A. Noire trophy list revealed on official website:

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/features/achievements//

Glad that this Rockstar-associated game ain't got online multiplayer. And Team Bondi is from Sydney, where I'm at - I used to work in Bondi (suburb) too! Really excited for this title! =P

Cool trophy list! I'm really looking forward to this game. The facial mocap technique for telling if someone is lieing to you is one of the coolest feature I've seen in a videogame in a while!

Arcturus said:

@fadetoone: do you remember which HDD model you used?

I think it was this one:  http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Passport-Essential-Portable/dp/B001F9LXY2

Not sure if it says what the exact model of the drive is.