By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@Arcturus

I bought a 5400RPM 320GB Western Digital hard drive with a 16mb cache and installed it myself within the first week of owning my ps3. Never had any problems with it aside from freezes in Fallout 3. Who doesn't have problems with that game? 

Anyways I doubt they still sell the same model they did 5 years ago though. I bought it OEM and I don't remember the serial #. Might be able to check the PS3 system info to find out though.

Around the Network

@HideoK: Thanks for sharing your hard drive upgrade experience. It seems like the vast majority of people who perform the upgrade experience no issues at all, even those who use the hard drive models with known head parking issues. I just don't want to spend the time to back up my old drive, swap the drives, format the new one, and restore the backup only to experience the pausing/stuttering issue.

So I was checking gamertags and I am 8 time in the top 50 fastest people to get platinum trophies for a game.

3 times in top 10.

Sadly these are mostly old games as I only made the top 50 once in the last year and only because only 10 people have platted that game ( record of Agarest War).

I guess that's what you get for not playing new games from day one because of your backlog...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@Arcturus

I have had no issues with the 400 GB WD that I popped out of a mypassport enclosure a couple years ago.

Swapping was only a pain in the ass for me because I didn't have a spare drive to backup to, so I had to backup to the new drive, copy it to my PC, swap, copy from the PC to the old drive, and restore.

Ail said:

So I was checking gamertags and I am 8 time in the top 50 fastest people to get platinum trophies for a game.

3 times in top 10.

Sadly these are mostly old games as I only made the top 50 once in the last year and only because only 10 people have platted that game ( record of Agarest War).

I guess that's what you get for not playing new games from day one because of your backlog...

Where did u check that?

Around the Network

Well I checked http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Aildiin

You have to click on every game and then click on the plat and it gives the list of top 50 players registered on the site that got the plat...

Edit : You were the 21st to get Motorstorm Apocalypse plat and 14th to get NGS2 plat.

Ail said:

Well I checked http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Aildiin

You have to click on every game and then click on the plat and it gives the list of top 50 players registered on the site that got the plat...

Edit : You were the 21st to get Motorstorm Apocalypse plat and 14th to get NGS2 plat.

Ohh yeah, i check it aswell. Funny for Motorstorm. At first i was nr 10 then 3 days later i was 15 now i´n 21 lol

MMOS was more accurate. I would say for Ngs2 i was 40-50 place.

I didn't realize you have platted almost every game you have played.

Quite impressive....

Ail said:

I didn't realize you have platted almost every game you have played.

Quite impressive....

Thx. Main reason why i didn´t got platinum on all is that i never can connect to Ea servers so i can´t play online.

Of course some had the their servers shut down but i haven´t been able to play Ea games since Burnout.

All new games will be at 100% though

Arcturus said:

@HideoK: Thanks for sharing your hard drive upgrade experience. It seems like the vast majority of people who perform the upgrade experience no issues at all, even those who use the hard drive models with known head parking issues. I just don't want to spend the time to back up my old drive, swap the drives, format the new one, and restore the backup only to experience the pausing/stuttering issue.

i put in a 320gb 7200rpm western digital in my old 60gb at xmas and it has no problems yet,its very simple to change

everyone says this and that,i just went with the best i could afford that would fit,its nice not to have to keep making space now

Above & Beyond