By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Finally platinumed Farcry 2!!!!   ^_^

I can't believe I'm the only one here who's platinued Sonic unleashed and Farcry 2....I would of thought the trophy pro's here would have platinumed these 2 games way before me...

Anyways, these two games were fun, challenging and lengthy but fun.

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:

I can't believe I'm the only one here who's platinued Sonic unleashed and Farcry 2....I would of thought the trophy pro's here would have platinumed these 2 games way before me...

You mean like the person who already platinum'd Farcry 2?

fadetoone said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

That was him

I'm only one chapter away from plating NGS2 but like I said I want to make it #10 so I'm going back to FFXIII. Hopefully if I rush I can finish them up before next update.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Finished my first playthrough of Dragon Age 2.

I kind of enjoyed it.

The only thing I missed compared to DAO was a strong party member like Morrigan to grow attached to. Although Isabella isn't bad, she just isn't of the same caliber...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:

I kind of enjoyed it.

The only thing I missed compared to DAO was a strong party member like Morrigan to grow attached to. Although Isabella isn't bad, she just isn't of the same caliber...

So Ail, what did you like and not like about DA2? I'm on the fence about this one.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Tbone said:
fadetoone said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

That was him

Oh, yeah, I see now... had to go back to the last page.  His post was delayed an awful long time to when he actually got it, and it didn't help that I was thinking someone got that plat a long time ago...

chenguo4 said:
Ail said:

I kind of enjoyed it.

So Ail, what did you like and not like about DA2? I'm on the fence about this one.

I like the new combat system that everyone is moaning and pissing about.

I like the story, you would thing that the fact that it's being told by someone would make it less interesting but it doesn't.

I like some of the characters( Aveline, Varrick, Isabella are cool) and the small appearances that some DAO characters make.

I don't like the loading times ( they are way too long).

I miss Morrigan.... *cry*... *sobs*.... ( although it's no surprise, she was in my view the best chracter ever in any rpg I have ever played).

I dislike some of the new party members ( Merril, Anders,bleh).

I dislike the loot ( you shoudn't have to waste time to examine a random amulet to see if it's better than your current gear, give good loot special names so that we don't waste our time there, I'm tired to find a superior sword that is better than the kick ass sword of doom of the archdemon...).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Does anyone here have experience with upgrading a PS3's hard drive?

My 80GB PS3 has been pretty much filled to capacity for some time now. I've been able to manage new installs and downloads by deleting game data for some old titles, but I don't think I can keep that up for much longer. So, I think it's about time to upgrade the hard drive on my PS3.

I've been reading up on how to perform the hard drive upgrade and it seems pretty straight forward and easy to do. However one thing has been holding me back from doing the upgrade, and that's deciding which hard drive to buy and use. After reading a bunch of reviews, a common problem among some manufacturers seems to be aggressive head parking of the hard drive, which can cause the PS3 to pause and stutter when attempting to read from the hard drive. I've seen this complaint pop up in a few reviews of the Western Digital 500GB (WD5000BEVT). Despite this, it seems to be a popular hard drive to use for upgrading your PS3. Many other reviews have reported no problems at all.

So, what has your experience been? Have you encountered any issues like the one mentioned above? Which hard drive model did you upgrade with?

@jake fake congrats my far cry 2 was glitched that i couldnt get all the diamonds dug up so couldnt be bothered plus i found online laggy and horrible to play so didnt bother

im stuck between buying bulletstorm or mass effect 2 as just platinumed kz3, demon souls is just sitting there but really cant get into it and same for new vegas lol