By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Been playin Red Dead Redemption. Game is fun as hell. Any tips on the game? Got the alien add on for PAIN too. Easy gold trophy and some bronze and silvers. Got my cousin stuck on it now and hes funny as shit when he plays games. Got a video of him on youtube :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEOFMD30XX4

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
binary solo said:

You've picked a toughy to platinum. Will require multiple play throughs, at least 3 by my reckoning, because you have to get all the spells, all the miracles and all the trophy weapons in separate play throughs. The soul tendancy thing has me beat, I don't know how in the world I'ma get pure white soul tendancy in order to get the friend's ring, then in the same play through gotta get pure black soul tendancy to get the foe's ring. Great game but.

I may get platinum for Uncharted 2, but I'm not sure I want to play through on crushing (the only trophy left to get). How much harder is crushing compared to hard?

Also wanted to say that Arcturus is a top bloke for keeping this up all this time. Maybe we can go for the guiness book of records record for the thread with the most posts ever. It's at least as legit as those lame LBP2 world records. Though I suppose we'll have competition from the counterpart 360 thread.

Uncharted 2 on crushing is easier than Uncharted 1 on crushing, if you've played that.  Especially since the final boss battle can be more or less glitched.

Yeah I platinumed Uncharted 1. What do you mean by glitched?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
binary solo said:

You've picked a toughy to platinum. Will require multiple play throughs, at least 3 by my reckoning, because you have to get all the spells, all the miracles and all the trophy weapons in separate play throughs. The soul tendancy thing has me beat, I don't know how in the world I'ma get pure white soul tendancy in order to get the friend's ring, then in the same play through gotta get pure black soul tendancy to get the foe's ring. Great game but.

I may get platinum for Uncharted 2, but I'm not sure I want to play through on crushing (the only trophy left to get). How much harder is crushing compared to hard?

Also wanted to say that Arcturus is a top bloke for keeping this up all this time. Maybe we can go for the guiness book of records record for the thread with the most posts ever. It's at least as legit as those lame LBP2 world records. Though I suppose we'll have competition from the counterpart 360 thread.

Uncharted 2 on crushing is easier than Uncharted 1 on crushing, if you've played that.  Especially since the final boss battle can be more or less glitched.

There are a few ways it seems, according to Youtube videos, although they're just ways to make the battle easier and not really glitches. I did the last battle without using an easy way on Crushing, and I don't remember having that much trouble (I did die a few times). Crushing on Uncharted 2, as a whole, didn't seem that much harder than the first, although there are always a few tricky spots.

KylieDog said:

It isn't a glitch for Uncharted 2 final boss, just that it is easy to manipulate the AI  to make the fight simple.  He isn't very hard anyway though.

As to PS3 trophy hacks, there have been ways to 'hack' certain games already.  The league isn't huge so browsing someones trophy list once a while should reveal anyone who tries to cheat, the most obvious give away is getting multiple trophies at once, there are a few games it is possible to get 4-5 trophies at once legit in some games but these are usually 'beat game on easy/medium/hard' types, actual hacked ones with unrelated trophies should be obvious though, like no one would get multiple license trophies at once in GT5.

Yeah, there are some games already that have hacks that grant all the trophies at once, making it easier to notice it was hacked. This newer hack, though, seems to have a roundabout way of making sure the timestamps are completely different, although it may be completely random (which would still make it easy to notice). Although, I think it would be easy to notice for people to see if someone hacks a game like Warhawk or Wipeout HD, especially if it shows up out of the blue. Also, it isn't clear if you can even sync your trophies after doing this hack, since it revolves around hacking your PS3, and we don't know if you can get on PSN after doing that.

TBone: I'll try adding you tonight.

Anyone have AC:Brotherhood?  I'm needing some help with the multiplayer trophies, mainly the co-op bonuses one and a few of the other bonuses that I can't seem to do when I normally play (no deaths, kill from ledge, focus, triple escape).  I can probably get those last 3 bonuses I mentioned once I get to level 50, but I'd like to get them sooner than later.  Maybe a private co-op session between VGChartz members here so we can work on getting the co-op bonuses?

Around the Network

Finally beat the last DLC for Borderlands. Still a few more trophies to get, and few colleciton ones.

But now, Im gonna start playing Playthrough 2 to earn some levels.

Im lvl 46 and there is one mission where the enemy is lvl 64. O_o

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Jboy0990 said:

Been playin Red Dead Redemption. Game is fun as hell. Any tips on the game? Got the alien add on for PAIN too. Easy gold trophy and some bronze and silvers. Got my cousin stuck on it now and hes funny as shit when he plays games. Got a video of him on youtube :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEOFMD30XX4

I still got to buy that game. I however think I might wait until the inevitable re-release with the DLC included.

Miguel_Zorro said:
binary solo said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
binary solo said:

It's not technically a glitch, but there are a few techniques that you can use, such as hanging off of one side of a platform, that make it very easy to beat the final boss.

In any case, I stand by my claim that Uncharted 2 on Crushing is easier than Uncharted 1, regardless of the final boss.  If you beat the first one, you can beat the second.

OK, so more like a nerfed way to beat him. Given it would only be for the purposes of finishing Crushing difficulty, if I do decide to play through I'll use an easy method to beat him. When I played through the first time on hard I just ran around and around shooting when I could.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

IGN's game of the year reveal video is real interesting, for those of you that haven't seen it:

http://au.bestof.ign.com/2010/overall/game-of-the-year.html

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Darn Record of Agarest War post game in hard mode is brutal......

getting my ass kicked big time, I need to level up......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !