By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

I hear game music in my head ALL THE TIME.

Around the Network

@Esquoret

Haha. Yeah I can definitely relate. I have pictured climbing things from playing Assassins Creed, and worse yet I've pictured smashing into cars while driving from playing Burnout games (definitely a bad thing). Most recently after playing Enslaved and Castlevania I would close my eyes trying to sleep and I was still seeing the red orb collectibles that I had to find in Enslaved. And with Castlevania I was seeing the glowing dead bodies that you have to find the gems from. It's like my eyes were still searching for all the collectibles. Lol its so lame. It made me laugh though when this happened to me once with each game. Thank God it goes away after a few minutes! Its like the collectibles are burned into my retina! 

sirvice said:
chenguo4 said:
HideoK said:

Wow! i salute you Sir. Honest gratulations!

i tried x1 for the first time yesterday. it was really fun to play though i wasnt able to complete any single event. so far the x1 fells kinda like a uberpowerful kart. obvisly u have to get to get used to it, but it doesnt seem that hard to figure it out. on the other side im sure it gets pretty hard as soon as you aim for gold. how perfect do you have to be?

i guess i have to get me a x1 by leveling bspec up to level 35 and then practise in free mode or what ever it is called. btw did you say you are playing with a wheel or a pad?

Once again: Gratulation!

Thanks

First: do you have a wheel? If you dont, this is going to be almost impossible. I've heard of people (very few) golding Nurburgring GP and Monza, but to my knowledge no one's done it on Suzuka yet.

If you have a wheel though, this moves from impossible to difficult. Don't bother waiting til b-spec 35, the bronze times are doable with practice. Do Monza first, it's the easiest, and will give you practice and an ego boost. Nurburgring and Suzuka both took me like 3 or 4 hours to bronze.

As far as mistakes, you have some wiggle room on all 3 tracks:

On Monza, I fumbled my way through the long left - righthander curve - left section and still got gold comfortably. Cut the 2nd chicane to gain some time.

On Nurburgring GP, I had a whatever first lap (1:04.5xx, where my best first lap was 1:04 flat), but had a flying 2nd lap to make up for it and get gold.

On Suzuka, you have to be close to perfect... This one took me probably 8-10 hours to go from bronze to gold. On my second lap, I missed my braking point at turn 11, but still just barely got it with .042 to spare.

Last thing... If I can do it anyone can. I'm a pretty average driver, but I'm damn persistent. If you can sit through hours and hours of trying, you'll get this.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

KylieDog said:

@ Anyone who has played SSFIV.

Did any of you gets problems with the match count trophies popping up?  I noticed today I didn't have the trophies for 100 wins or for 300 matches played, I looked at my stats and it says I've played 457 games and won 326.  I should already have then but I don't so I figured I was doing somethign wrong like playing the wrong mode maybe.  I was just playing some matches and the 100 wins trophy popped up, the only new thing I've done is play matches via arcade fight request for another trophy I noticed I didn't have but that should affect the 100 wins trophy.

Anyone else had similar issues?  Did you get the 300 played one too eventually?

I didn´t have any issues, got the trophies just fine.

chenguo4 said:
sirvice said:
chenguo4 said:
HideoK said:

Wow! i salute you Sir. Honest gratulations!

i tried x1 for the first time yesterday. it was really fun to play though i wasnt able to complete any single event. so far the x1 fells kinda like a uberpowerful kart. obvisly u have to get to get used to it, but it doesnt seem that hard to figure it out. on the other side im sure it gets pretty hard as soon as you aim for gold. how perfect do you have to be?

i guess i have to get me a x1 by leveling bspec up to level 35 and then practise in free mode or what ever it is called. btw did you say you are playing with a wheel or a pad?

Once again: Gratulation!

Thanks

First: do you have a wheel? If you dont, this is going to be almost impossible. I've heard of people (very few) golding Nurburgring GP and Monza, but to my knowledge no one's done it on Suzuka yet.

If you have a wheel though, this moves from impossible to difficult. Don't bother waiting til b-spec 35, the bronze times are doable with practice. Do Monza first, it's the easiest, and will give you practice and an ego boost. Nurburgring and Suzuka both took me like 3 or 4 hours to bronze.

As far as mistakes, you have some wiggle room on all 3 tracks:

On Monza, I fumbled my way through the long left - righthander curve - left section and still got gold comfortably. Cut the 2nd chicane to gain some time.

On Nurburgring GP, I had a whatever first lap (1:04.5xx, where my best first lap was 1:04 flat), but had a flying 2nd lap to make up for it and get gold.

On Suzuka, you have to be close to perfect... This one took me probably 8-10 hours to go from bronze to gold. On my second lap, I missed my braking point at turn 11, but still just barely got it with .042 to spare.

Last thing... If I can do it anyone can. I'm a pretty average driver, but I'm damn persistent. If you can sit through hours and hours of trying, you'll get this

i dont own one neither do i know anybody who i could lend it from. Additionally i dont feel like paying 100€ just for this challenge. but if i buy it right now... i could play more than just the x1s with it...hmmm (maybe alfa on eiger as well)

which wheel did u use/ r u using?

i prefer driving in practice mode in order to get used to the car and each track without beeing careful to be disqualified. with the actual challenge i tend to  drive safe just for the sake of not beeing qualified. i cant test the limit as good as in free mode.  thats why i consider waiting for bspec35 the better option.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

Around the Network

Does PS3 Root Key Allow Hackers To Unlock Trophies?

As the fallout from the reported leak of the PlayStation 3 root key, which is said to allow hackers to unlock the system for homebrew applications and (very likely) piracy, a new twist has emerged. According to CVG, some hackers have found a way to unlock all the trophies for the PS3 titles Buzz! and Pain.

One user posted this is a hacking forum:

"Just tried it with BUZZ Quiz TV (EU) original disc - Played a round of the game then quit, trophy's now show as 100% I have 70% previously."

Still, it appears that not all titles can fall prey to these dirty tactics. Users were reporting that it does not work for Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition or Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Either way, widespread hacking of Trophies could basically destroy the integrity of the entire system. Sony says they are away of the problem and looking for solutions.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/14/does-ps3-root-key-allow-hackers-to-unlock-trophies.aspx

radiantshadow92 said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/14/does-ps3-root-key-allow-hackers-to-unlock-trophies.aspx

That's really bad news... worse than games being pirated...

This is the birth of pirated trophies. If it becomes widespread then it also threatens this whole league.

But I wonder why does it differ from game to game?

And I know 360 games have been pirated for quite a while. Do gamerscores suffer the same problem?

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

HideoK said:

@Esquoret

Haha. Yeah I can definitely relate. I have pictured climbing things from playing Assassins Creed, and worse yet I've pictured smashing into cars while driving from playing Burnout games (definitely a bad thing). Most recently after playing Enslaved and Castlevania I would close my eyes trying to sleep and I was still seeing the red orb collectibles that I had to find in Enslaved. And with Castlevania I was seeing the glowing dead bodies that you have to find the gems from. It's like my eyes were still searching for all the collectibles. Lol its so lame. It made me laugh though when this happened to me once with each game. Thank God it goes away after a few minutes! Its like the collectibles are burned into my retina! 

I don't play car/driving games so never had that urge due to a game. But I think normally other drivers on the street can well produce that urge anyways...so the roads are dangerous enough as it is.

The collectibles you see... Your eyes must have been straining hard in staring at the screen trying to locate those orbs I believe. You ever dream about them? My wife, she always dreams about whatever she was playing or watching during that day. Works like clockwork she says. Dreamt about running on Italian streets when she played Assassin's Creed; Escaping from that creepy doctor guy when she played Heavy Rain; and talking to Alistair when she played Dragon Age (I hope talking is all they did... >.<). Oh and recently she watched Inception, and I believe that must have been an interesting, if not complicated, night...

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Esquoret said:
radiantshadow92 said:

That's really bad news... worse than games being pirated...

This is the birth of pirated trophies. If it becomes widespread then it also threatens this whole league.

But I wonder why does it differ from game to game?

And I know 360 games have been pirated for quite a while. Do gamerscores suffer the same problem?

Someone did this before but he was removed from the league.

Miguel_Zorro said:
binary solo said:

You've picked a toughy to platinum. Will require multiple play throughs, at least 3 by my reckoning, because you have to get all the spells, all the miracles and all the trophy weapons in separate play throughs. The soul tendancy thing has me beat, I don't know how in the world I'ma get pure white soul tendancy in order to get the friend's ring, then in the same play through gotta get pure black soul tendancy to get the foe's ring. Great game but.

I may get platinum for Uncharted 2, but I'm not sure I want to play through on crushing (the only trophy left to get). How much harder is crushing compared to hard?

Also wanted to say that Arcturus is a top bloke for keeping this up all this time. Maybe we can go for the guiness book of records record for the thread with the most posts ever. It's at least as legit as those lame LBP2 world records. Though I suppose we'll have competition from the counterpart 360 thread.

Uncharted 2 on crushing is easier than Uncharted 1 on crushing, if you've played that.  Especially since the final boss battle can be more or less glitched.

I didn't glitch that fight and I found it to be incredibly easy.