By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

HideoK said:

Would anyone else here buy a Final Fantasy VII HD remake?  I definitely would.  It would probably never happen though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/20/kitase-final-fantasy-vii-remake-unrealistic-would-take-too-l/

I would. FFVII, along with FFVI and FFIV are my favourite in the series.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
Biddles said:

In the last 2 weeks ive had 10 games including, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Terminator Salvation, Killzone 2, Infamous, Dead Rising 2, Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, Transformers War for Cybertron, Street Fighter IV, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, GTA Episodes of Liberty City.

Can i join this leaderboard again?

What is your PSN ID?

scabab i did send a friend request already.

HideoK said:

Would anyone else here buy a Final Fantasy VII HD remake?  I definitely would.  It would probably never happen though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/20/kitase-final-fantasy-vii-remake-unrealistic-would-take-too-l/

Lol first day buy of course. Greatest rpg there is

Meh, I look back at FFVII and realize that it has aged horribly, while other RPGs (some even older) are still timeless classics (Chrono Trigger, FFIX, FFVI, Wild Arms to name a few). There has been a severe lack of RPGs this gen, but it looks like this might be the year of them with Ar Tonelico 3, Disgaea 4, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 (maybe even 3, but I think it will come out in 2012) and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Its so weird- I keep going up on the list but my trophy accumulation has fallen to a mere trickle

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:

Meh, I look back at FFVII and realize that it has aged horribly, while other RPGs (some even older) are still timeless classics (Chrono Trigger, FFIX, FFVI, Wild Arms to name a few). There has been a severe lack of RPGs this gen, but it looks like this might be the year of them with Ar Tonelico 3, Disgaea 4, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 (maybe even 3, but I think it will come out in 2012) and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Mass Effect 3 will most likely come out on 11/11/11 like they said, unless they encounter some huge problem.  That's one of those cool dates they'd want to stick with.  They obviously have the engine done for the most part already since that's what PS3's ME2 will use.

MasterVG71782 said:

Yeah I think it's aged horribly too (graphics & midi sound). All the more need for a remake!

Some people diss the game and most likely if I were to play it again this year I would lower my high praise.  But back when I played it in 1997 it was top of the line graphics and sound. FMV's (Full Motion Video) - OMG!

The reason I haven't played it since 1997-1998 is I don't want to ruin the memory. Being that I was only 14 yrs old at the time I probably wasn't the best judge of story. But to me it was a life changing videogame experience dammit. It turned me into a core gamer! lol

Crisis Core was a good game & fun on PSP to revisit some of the locations from FF7. Dirge of Cerberus not so much. And the movie Advent Children... I'm just going to say that it looked really good with some interesting fight scenes, but the story left me wanting more. However, the traditional animation (I forgot the name, it was in the collectors edition of Advent Children), that animation starring Zack during his escape from Shinra was awesome.

My only worry though if if they do an HD remake it will become linear like FFXIII or add things that ruin the game. It's probably best I just keep it as one of my best gaming memories or just go back & replay the original.

Biddles said:
Arcturus said:
Biddles said:

In the last 2 weeks ive had 10 games including, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Terminator Salvation, Killzone 2, Infamous, Dead Rising 2, Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, Transformers War for Cybertron, Street Fighter IV, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, GTA Episodes of Liberty City.

Can i join this leaderboard again?

What is your PSN ID?

scabab i did send a friend request already.

Your post count needs to be a bit higher before I can add you to the league. Please refer to the first post of this thread for details.

HideoK said:
MasterVG71782 said:

Yeah I think it's aged horribly too (graphics & midi sound). All the more need for a remake!

Some people diss the game and most likely if I were to play it again this year I would lower my high praise.  But back when I played it in 1997 it was top of the line graphics and sound. FMV's (Full Motion Video) - OMG!

The reason I haven't played it since 1997-1998 is I don't want to ruin the memory. Being that I was only 14 yrs old at the time I probably wasn't the best judge of story. But to me it was a life changing videogame experience dammit. It turned me into a core gamer! lol

Crisis Core was a good game & fun on PSP to revisit some of the locations from FF7. Dirge of Cerberus not so much. And the movie Advent Children... I'm just going to say that it looked really good with some interesting fight scenes, but the story left me wanting more. However, the traditional animation (I forgot the name, it was in the collectors edition of Advent Children), that animation starring Zack during his escape from Shinra was awesome.

My only worry though if if they do an HD remake it will become linear like FFXIII or add things that ruin the game. It's probably best I just keep it as one of my best gaming memories or just go back & replay the original.

I agree that at its time, it was truly a spectacular experience, as it was my first Final Fantasy title and I was blown away. Looking back, though, I can see the game for truly being average and overrated among the gaming public (Sephiroth was a cool character, but far from a great villain). Would I buy a FFVII remake? Most likely, as I love RPGs and would be interested to see how it'd turn out, but it's not high on my priority list to see it happen (many other games I'd love to see remade than FFVII).

Platinum # 20 attained!