By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

chenguo4 said:
Ail said:
Arcturus said:
HideoK said:

That Drift-Yellow-FD has a good collection.  Anyone here close to GT5 platinum?

I'm only at 38% in GT5, and I don't see myself getting much further than about 50%.

I'm 67% into the game and have 57% of the trophies.

I'm still very far off and I don't know yet if I have the skills to beat some of the challenges. 

Almost done with licences though, up to 58 gold and the last two shoudn't be that hard once I get to them.

The main issue is I don't play the game every day but once in a while I spend 4-5 hours on it...

I know Chenguo is up to 98%  but it's still going to take him a while to reach lvl 40 in A-Spec and B-spec.

Arcturus: 50%'s actually pretty trivial, I think anything up til ~70, 75% should be doable. Basically just beat the non-endurance races on both A-spec and B-spec, some licenses and special events and you're there. You only need bronze trophies for completion %, I believe.

Ail: excellent progress on the licenses! Which ones do you have left?

And yeah... 98% is actually still a long way off. On top of grinding to lvl 40, there's still buying 1000 cars (I'm up to 670... I'm trying to buy unique cars rather than whore the cheapest one like some do), and the last of the Red Bull challenges. Basically the Red Bull challenge is, they give you a car that goes 300 mph (500 kmph), have the best F1 driver set lap times, and shoo you off to beat his times. Once I clear that last Red Bull event, I know plat will be possible (but still far off >.<)

I have IA 10 and S 10 left to do, they should not be that hard.

I got back to FR cones after not touching it for 3 weeks and aced it after 10 tries this week end, so I am definitly improving.

The one that took me longer was actually applied overtaking on Suzuka where I struggled for like 6 hours before finally beating it.

I bought a GT formula this week end too and did my first endurance event.

Damn too easy with the GT formula :P

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
HideoK said:
Ail said:

Well I just preordered my copy of Dragon Age 2 to get the signature edition ;)

The signature edition sounds like it comes with enough DLC to make pre-ordering well worth it. Unless of course you wait for the Game of the Year Edition a year from now with all the DLC included in the box. hehe.  I feel like I could have waited with Fallout: NV.

That is what I'll be doing, I only opened my DA Origins Ultimate Edition last week.

It's a day one buy for me, I loved DA1 and can't wait for DA2.

The game I will skip is actually LBP2 as I never could get into LBP1 and only played it like a couple hours...

I was just thinking and 2011 is really going to be the year of the RPGs and especially of Bioware for me !

I am buying for sure ME2, ME3, DA2 and Elder Scroll 5 and most likely Two worlds 2, Disgea 4 and Arcania : Gothic 4... 

Err I forgot to add Dungeon Siege 3 and Lord of the Rings : War in the North to my must buy list.......

KylieDog said:
XiaoMay said:

If there's one game for which I will NEVER go for platinum (even if I'd like to try for the challenge) it's Castelvania LoS !

I finish the game in "hard" (not paladin) yesterday, and MAN !, was it boring from the beginning to the end ! The game picks up a LOT of goods idea from other games (Uncharted - Tomb Raider, God of War, SoC...) but doesnt have it's own unique personnality.

What's with this Castelvania without any Dracula has the final boss  ? Why do we have to fight some random guys - bosses and kill them without further explanations ?

The game should have been more polished and in any case doesnt deserve the Castlevania name.

If you finished the game you know why.

Yep, and  it doesn't make me feel any better (I don't want to spoil anybody on that).

I'm still in need of a huge castle to explore with Dracula to kill at the top of it just after fighting Death itself.

And PLEASE, don't bring me a sequel taking place nowadays, it would make me "burp".

Ail said:

I was just thinking and 2011 is really going to be the year of the RPGs and especially of Bioware for me !

I am buying for sure ME2, ME3, DA2 and Elder Scroll 5 and most likely Two worlds 2, Disgea 4 and Arcania : Gothic 4... 

Err I forgot to add Dungeon Siege 3 and Lord of the Rings : War in the North to my must buy list.......

I'm in HUGE need of RPG's and I can't find anything suitable yet. I agree with Mass Effect 2, tough I may wait for a price cut. I really dislike Dragon Age and Elder Scroll, because I'm mostly into JRPG.

Disgaea 4 has my vote, I know I'll platinum this expect if they bring online trophies (nooooo... !) since Europe will get it one year too late.

I'd like a western version of Tales of Grace F and Tales of Vesperia PLEASE !

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Ail said:

Finally the year of the RPG's on PS3!  

Back on PS1, basically the only genre I played was RPG. Well RPG's and action games like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal 2 and of course Crash Bandicoot (action platformer).

RPG's I remember playing were: Final Fantasy 7,8,9, Suikoden I & II, Saga Frontier, FF Tactics (SRPG), Chrono Cross, Azure Dreams, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, Star Ocean 2nd Story, Brigandine, Legend of Legaia, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Breath of Fire III, & The Legend of Dragoon. Those come to mind, but I think I tried nearly every single RPG released in the US.

I really consider Final Fantasy VII the game that made me realize how awesome videogames can be at telling a story. I kept looking for another RPG to replicate that experience on PS1. FFVII was also the first videogame RPG I ever played and to this day still my favorite RPG. FFIX is my 2nd favorite.

But I have barely played any RPG's on PS3! I believe only Fallout 3 and Final Fantasy XIII. I never got around to Dragon Age: Origins so I should get the Game of the Year Edition at some point.

Around the Network

you guys have been pretty busy and im just as confused on what to get this year, il prob be good and finish gow 3 and play demon souls but then unsure after because bulletstorm and brink are up there and with the hype of ma2 i want to see what all the fuss is lol, 

my new year resolution....break the 100 plat mark :)

mattbfg said:

you guys have been pretty busy and im just as confused on what to get this year, il prob be good and finish gow 3 and play demon souls but then unsure after because bulletstorm and brink are up there and with the hype of ma2 i want to see what all the fuss is lol, 

my new year resolution....break the 100 plat mark :)

Let's see your at 57 now.... 43 plats in one year!? You CRAZY MAN!! :)

I doubt you'll break 100 this year... unless you play mostly 1 star games or you take a year vacation from work. I mean it's taken you 2 and half years to get to 57 plats, you know?  

HideoK said:
Ail said:

Finally the year of the RPG's on PS3!  

Back on PS1, basically the only genre I played was RPG. Well RPG's and action games like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal 2 and of course Crash Bandicoot (action platformer).

RPG's I remember playing were: Final Fantasy 7,8,9, Suikoden I & II, Saga Frontier, FF Tactics (SRPG), Chrono Cross, Azure Dreams, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, Star Ocean 2nd Story, Brigandine, Legend of Legaia, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Breath of Fire III, & The Legend of Dragoon. Those come to mind, but I think I tried nearly every single RPG released in the US.

I really consider Final Fantasy VII the game that made me realize how awesome videogames can be at telling a story. I kept looking for another RPG to replicate that experience on PS1. FFVII was also the first videogame RPG I ever played and to this day still my favorite RPG. FFIX is my 2nd favorite.

But I have barely played any RPG's on PS3! I believe only Fallout 3 and Final Fantasy XIII. I never got around to Dragon Age: Origins so I should get the Game of the Year Edition at some point.

Great games you mentioned. You forgot Grandia, and Arc the Lad. Played them?

But to be a bit bold, Im sorry you FFVII was the first RPG you played. How old are you? Did you play SNES?

You should have played FFVI. Or FF IV. Or Chrono Trigger. Those are masterpieces.

Though Suikoden II is my 2nd favorite game ever. (FFVI is number one).

I used to be just like you. But something happened and I lost interest in JRPG. I blame mostly Square, but I guess my taste changed a bit too.

But, I love WRPG now. And so many good RPGs this year. I dont have the money to buy half of them.

wait...

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marcio

Yeah I blame mostly Square-Enix too. Not many good games. Perhaps Lost Odyssey on X360 is there only great RPG this generation.

Well I had NES as kid, but I never got an SNES (I got Sega Genesis & Sega CD instead) so I missed out on Chrono Trigger and FFVI at that time. However, I played Chrono Trigger on PS1 and I absolutely loved it. Great story and characters. I also played FFVI on PS1, but I just couldn't get into it. I had the Anthology collection and I played it for maybe 5-8 hours and just stopped.

I'm sure there were other RPG's that I played as a kid, but I never got into the story's and more importantly never bothered to finish them. I played a Dragon Warrior RPG game on NES. Legend of Zelda on NES (if you can count that as an RPG) I played Zelda and really liked it, but I never finished it until much later during a college winter break. I'm sure if I thought some more I could come up with a couple more RPGs I played before FFVII. I believe I had a D&D game called Eye of the Beholder on Sega CD and Snatcher on Sega CD as well. A Hideo Kojima game, but it was too complicated for me to understand. haha. And there were a bunch of point and click RPGs I played on floppy disc on my first home computer - The Apple IIe. Problem is the story and gameplay in all those RPGs never captivated me and I didn't play them a lot. Mario 1,3 (NES), Contra I & Contra Super C (NES), Legend of Zelda (NES), Double Dragon 3 (NES), Sonic (Sega), Mortal Kombat (Sega), NBA Jam (Sega), Streets of Rage (Sega), Final Fight (Sega CD) and Jurassic Park on Sega CD were my favorite games to give you an idea. Mostly quick pick up and play beat em ups and Jurassic Park a point and click shooter. And I would say Zelda is more action adventure than RPG. Oh and one more game comes to mind: Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Sega). hah

But mainly I played videogames lightly back then. Mostly played sports outside with the kids on my block.

Then in high school my freshmen yr I got a Playstation 1 for the holiday and I bought FFVII based on a recommendation from a friend who told me thats the only game I need. So yes Final Fantasy VII wasn't technically my first RPG, but it certainly does feel like it. It was the first RPG I ever completed and ever truly got into. I played Final Fantasy VII and thought this is what every RPG should be like!

Oh and I'm 27 years old.

Would anyone else here buy a Final Fantasy VII HD remake?  I definitely would.  It would probably never happen though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/20/kitase-final-fantasy-vii-remake-unrealistic-would-take-too-l/