By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Dark Odin said:

platinum and 100% in enslaved for me! very good game

Gah.... I beat that on Saturday and tried to go through some of it for more trophies.  I just don't think I can bring myself to search out all the damn tech orbs.  What an obnoxious trophy.  The checkpoint/chapter system is also a complete pain in the ass for trying to do something at the end of the chapter (the save Trip in so many seconds trophies, for example).

After playing the game first on hard, and then trying to do clean up on Easy, I'm convinced that the checkpoints are even more lame on Easy.  I spent a good hour trying to fight the rhino without getting hit because it kept restarting me at the beginning, but when I played on hard, there were several checkpoints within the battle.

Good on you for pushing through the annoying crap :)

chenguo4 said:

With Mass Effect 2 coming in 9 days, there's a lot of pressure to finish GT5... But there's just no time!!! What to do?

Mass Effect 2 was great.  I played on PC, but I plan to eventually get the PC version when it gets pretty cheap simply because I want the trophies and the graphics will be on the ME3 engine.

Around the Network
HideoK said:

5 games in the first 8 days of 2011? You crazy man! Actually your smart to wait because it sounds like you got some some awesome deals. I paid ($40) for Castlevania and finally I'm just getting around to playing it now! I could have waited.

I'm keeping track of my video game spending this year just to see how nuts I am.  From Black Friday on, Amazon says I've bought:

Crackdown 2 ($15)
The Force Unleashed ($10)
Demon's Souls ($15)
Bayonetta ($13)
Left 4 Dead 2 ($10)
Donkey Kong Country Returns ($30)
Epic Mickey ($30)
AC Brotherhood ($30)
Enslaved ($14)
Star Ocean 4 PS3 ($20)
Final Fantasy 3 DS ($18)

and beyond that, I got PoP Forgotten Sands ($10) and MK vs DC ($17) at Best Buy,  Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 ($15) at Target, and the Modern Warfare 1/2 pack ($30) at Fry's and sold CoD4 from it for $18.  So if you throw in the Sly Collection ($22), Castlevania ($20 with free DLC pack), the free Darksiders I got from Newegg, the free GT5 I got from Subway, and the free Xbox with Kinect and 2 games from Burger King, I've spent roughly $300 pre-gift cards and got a net of 21 games, a console, and an overrated camera peripheral.

Ok, yeah, that's pretty nuts.  I guess I had a merry christmas indeed.

In the last 2 weeks ive had 10 games including, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Terminator Salvation, Killzone 2, Infamous, Dead Rising 2, Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, Transformers War for Cybertron, Street Fighter IV, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, GTA Episodes of Liberty City.

Can i join this leaderboard again?

Biddles said:

In the last 2 weeks ive had 10 games including, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Terminator Salvation, Killzone 2, Infamous, Dead Rising 2, Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, Transformers War for Cybertron, Street Fighter IV, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, GTA Episodes of Liberty City.

Can i join this leaderboard again?

What is your PSN ID?

Cool thanks for adding me to the list.

Next plats incoming for me:

Castlevania: LoS

AC:Brotherhood

SSF IV

Never gonna plat:

NG:S 2  Damn team missions

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
HideoK said:

That Drift-Yellow-FD has a good collection.  Anyone here close to GT5 platinum?

I'm only at 38% in GT5, and I don't see myself getting much further than about 50%.

I'm 67% into the game and have 57% of the trophies.

I'm still very far off and I don't know yet if I have the skills to beat some of the challenges. 

Almost done with licences though, up to 58 gold and the last two shoudn't be that hard once I get to them.

The main issue is I don't play the game every day but once in a while I spend 4-5 hours on it...

I know Chenguo is up to 98%  but it's still going to take him a while to reach lvl 40 in A-Spec and B-spec.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

chenguo4 said:

With Mass Effect 2 coming in 9 days, there's a lot of pressure to finish GT5... But there's just no time!!! What to do?

Well I'm trying to finish record of Agarest War before Me2 hits but I don't think I will make it either...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

HideoK said:
chenguo4 said:

9 more days until LBP2 too. Are you getting both?

If ME2 wans't coming out, I would. But with ME2 now, and Yakuza 4 and MLB the Show hitting in March, I need to find time to finish GT5 at some point... LBP2 is looking like a summer game for me, assuming I've finished GT5 by then >.<

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Ail said:
Arcturus said:
HideoK said:

That Drift-Yellow-FD has a good collection.  Anyone here close to GT5 platinum?

I'm only at 38% in GT5, and I don't see myself getting much further than about 50%.

I'm 67% into the game and have 57% of the trophies.

I'm still very far off and I don't know yet if I have the skills to beat some of the challenges. 

Almost done with licences though, up to 58 gold and the last two shoudn't be that hard once I get to them.

The main issue is I don't play the game every day but once in a while I spend 4-5 hours on it...

I know Chenguo is up to 98%  but it's still going to take him a while to reach lvl 40 in A-Spec and B-spec.

Arcturus: 50%'s actually pretty trivial, I think anything up til ~70, 75% should be doable. Basically just beat the non-endurance races on both A-spec and B-spec, some licenses and special events and you're there. You only need bronze trophies for completion %, I believe.

Ail: excellent progress on the licenses! Which ones do you have left?

And yeah... 98% is actually still a long way off. On top of grinding to lvl 40, there's still buying 1000 cars (I'm up to 670... I'm trying to buy unique cars rather than whore the cheapest one like some do), and the last of the Red Bull challenges. Basically the Red Bull challenge is, they give you a car that goes 300 mph (500 kmph), have the best F1 driver set lap times, and shoo you off to beat his times. Once I clear that last Red Bull event, I know plat will be possible (but still far off >.<)

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

@chenguo4: I should clarify that the percentage I was referring to earlier is the trophy percentage, and not the game completion percentage shown in your GT5 profile. I don't see myself getting much more than 50% trophy completion for GT5, not just because of the difficulty of some trophies, but because there are so many other games coming out soon that I want to play!