By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - thx to MHP2 .....GUNDAM MUSOU would be making shockwaves

In Japan, there are many critical comments for GUNDAM MUSOU. One of representative examples is very simple. "The quality of GUNDAM MUSOU is equal to or less than the one of games for PS2. So, it should be released for PS2." I think the influece of GUNDAM MUSOU to the nextgen console war is quite small in Japan because of the general indifference to game console in Japan. The success of DS and Wii are based on the fact they are getting intense interest of people, but PS3 can't do. Indeed, Wii and DS are sold-out in a few day, but it is infrequent PS3 is sold-out in the shop.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

superchunk said: konnichiwa said:He wants to say. You have to pay 50$ extra at Nintendo when you buy a Wii, When you buy a PS3 Sony gives you 200$. That is why Nintendo ripps you off. I think Gundam Musou will be a succes because many Japanese people are waiting for the special bundle PS3+ Gundam Musou + extra's. That makes some sense. I never really followed the Gundam ip. Is it usually huge in Japan? In other words does it sell more than DQ or FF or VF games?
Hell no, The most popular series in Japan is Pokemon (sales wise) and coming in close second is Dragoon Quest.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

sieanr said: I like how Diomedes1976 acts like SNES/NES are the only systems to have lots of crappy games. Because, you know, PS has never been about shit 3rd party and kiddie games, right? And it's certainly never had massive amounts of crappy Gundam games sell out, right? I know I only buy hardware that offers me the maximum vaule, not the most fun., because fun has nothing to do with a consoles value. Hardware is the only fun thing in videogames.
I am not saying that .What I am saying is that back in the "good-old-days " there was as much crap or even more than in the PS days .An much more repetitive ....plattformers 2d ,beat-themup 2d ,fighting games 1 on 1 ,sports ,arcade and little more .At least from the PS1 on there was more variety in the genres (survival horror ,fighting 3d ,fighting 2d ,plattforms 3d ,platfforms 2d ,strategy ,etc ) .

superchunk said: Diomedes1976 said: It must be in your fantasy world ....here in Europe with the Snes and N64 we paid much more for the games that with the PS1 ,PS2 and even PS3 .And games were fun because you were younger ,look back to those days and you will see tons of utter crap software .Oh yes ,you can always find good games ,just as in each and every generation by the way .Plus those decisions of Nintendo of not bringing some games to Occident ,plus the Seal of Quality or hidden censure more like ,plus their illegall exclusivity contracts with third parties that estipulated that if they developed for the Nes or Super Nes they couldnt do it for any other console .Your memory fails you ,fanboy . By the way you may think you have a great gaming experience with the Wii ....but I have Zelda on the Cube and playing Wii Sports and crap ports of Splinter Cell ,Far Cry and some garbage as Happy Feet ,Cars ,Avatar ,Barnyard and such isnt my cup of tea.The better games of the Wii as Excite Truk ,Wario Smooth Moves ,Sonic and Rayman are games of 7 or 8 at best .Thats not my impression of a "great " experience . Nintendo is filling their pockets with Wiis and DS as they are selling you a obsolete hardware for a "reasonable " price .Sony is losing money on each console .I as a consumer know very well what to buy then ,I am here to receive value not to generate value for Nintendo or Sony ....the later is the mentality of the fanboy . If it wasn't for Nintendo's seal of quality, the game industry would have fallen out. Everything you buy has money it in for someone else, you can't expect to purchase anything and not have the producer,retailer,marketer, etc make some money off of it. Nintendo's philosophy is just better. Make good games. That's it. When NES and SNES ruled, games were $40 max. Now at least $50. As far as PS games being cheaper in EU, ???, sony is a big company, maybe they have better distributers over there, so costs are lower. After 20 years Nintendo's portable games are basically the same price $20-30 and the home games have jump up by $10. Whereas Sony has taken prices to $60-$70 and increased the price of a game console every year. NES,SNES,N64,GC -- $200, Wii - $250. (only because they wanted to make a profit, wow is that too much for a business to do?) A profit of what $25 per console. PS1 - $200, PS2 - $300, PS3 - $600, what's next? PS4 - $1200. BS. Sony is trying to do the same thing that cars have done. THey are the rip off artists. The only thing Nintendo is currently asking too much for is VC games. But, hey Sega and TG16 are asking for more. They all should be dropped by $2 atleast. Yes, nintendo forced 3rd parties into contracts and that was what helped Sony. Now, Sony's got the big head and has created something that is ultra expensive for us and devs. Whereas Nintendo is trying to keep the costs for everyone down by not jumping into a toddler HD world. Yes it is a great experience, why? Zelda is better on wii controls, rayman, madden controls better, vc games that CANNOT be played else where, wii sports/play, among a few others. Plus I didn't have to take a 2nd mortgage to buy the damn thing. I spent less than $400 on my Wii so far. That doesn't even get you the 20G PS3. I have had two wii parties. 1st was with my friend who has the 360 and a ps3. He is really dissapointed in the PS3 because the only game out that is decent is Resistance. The other ports he would rather play on his 360 due to online etc. He has said for day one that the wii didn't interest him due to the lack of graphics, blah blah. He is now trying to find a wii. The second only had a reg xbox, but same result. When he can find one in a store he will buy it. Both are like me with young families, 1st is in my same earnings bracket 100k+, where the other is doin' just find at 60k+. PS3 is like a corvette. Expensive, Pretty, and powerful. But, I and millions of other users, i.e. the mass market, will buy the camry for a third of the cost.
VC games have been playable for at least 10 years in PC trough emulators .For free .And in the PSP ,for free . Zelda is better on the Cube

superchunk said: Yeah, just like VF5. The only thing that is going to push PS3 sales is a lowering of price. $600US is just too much for a video game system for the masses.
i can bet that MUSOU would see at least 50k units being sold ..........and over 200k copies sold in the first weekend. why complain for price when x360 costs 400$ with a 2$ dvd rom + no wifi +no HDMI +g***** processor VF 5 never featured on FAMITSU top 10. the only thing that pushes x360 harware is include a HD-DVD , wifi, HDMI, HDD + exclude garbage XENON

Around the Network

superchunk said: kber81 said:You are funny little being who treats every failure of PS brand as personal success This coming from a person with the a picture a psp in your sig. I think it is pretty obvious i am a N fanboy. I don't see how being a fan of a particular product line is a bad thing. I like and have purchased a 360, I like and have played Resistance and other PS exclusives. I just think N is an overall better video game company. When NES and SNES ruled the world games were just more fun and less expensive than when Sony took over. I will tell you something about prices. Your beloved Nintendo rips off a lot of cash for a crap like Wii, Sony on the contrary gives best stuff below costs of production. If you can't get what you like, you like what you have. No rip off. Nintendo stays on par with previous systems. I get a great game experience for a reasonable cost. I do not buy a game system to watch movies or play music or other none game crap. PS trys to force all of their other divisions down your throat in one over hyped paper wieght. If they took of bluray and hdmi, they would have a more viable game system. My comment of VF5 was due to others that keep saying 'oh wait for the good exclusives like VF5...' etc, etc. Well, it's done so well hasn't it.
just one word...........VF 5 was never featured in the FAMITSU list of top 10. whereas MUSOU is now at 5 (last week)................this week sees it at no1 / 2 x360 is the least seliing console in JAPAN with just 4k ...................lol.......shame

Chill everyone ;) Keep fanboy wars to another thread please! ... re: Gundam Musou - I'll be interested to know the retailer preorders. I wonder if they are being more cautious after VF5? I still expect retailer orders of 200k (or so), and 100k-150k in the first week sales. As for pushing systems - remember that there are 600k-700k PS3's out there. If one in every 4 users buys the game - that is 150k sales right there - with no extra units pushed. To *really* push hardware, you need to release a varied selection of games (i.e. such that at least one game available appeals to everyone). Since a Gundam game has already been released - Im not so sure this will push that much hardware (might still hit 50k PS3 sales in the first week).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:re: Gundam Musou - I'll be interested to know the retailer preorders. I wonder if they are being more cautious after VF5?
This is something that's never occured to me, but makes for an interesting discussion. How much does the sale of certain titles influence retailers? I know some of them went overboard with VF5, having giant pyramids of unsold games ect. But would they still see Musou as a system seller, possibly enough for people to have passed up VF5 in anticipation?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: shams said:re: Gundam Musou - I'll be interested to know the retailer preorders. I wonder if they are being more cautious after VF5? This is something that's never occured to me, but makes for an interesting discussion. How much does the sale of certain titles influence retailers? I know some of them went overboard with VF5, having giant pyramids of unsold games ect. But would they still see Musou as a system seller, possibly enough for people to have passed up VF5 in anticipation?
this is why x360 at $250 is the last console in JAPAN...........no one buys it. in europe too it is the last console .........where DS is no 1 followed by Wii and then psp and then ps2........................at the end is the $2 DVD _DRIVE + massively watered down trash named x360.

shams said: Chill everyone ;) Keep fanboy wars to another thread please! ... re: Gundam Musou - I'll be interested to know the retailer preorders. I wonder if they are being more cautious after VF5? I still expect retailer orders of 200k (or so), and 100k-150k in the first week sales. As for pushing systems - remember that there are 600k-700k PS3's out there. If one in every 4 users buys the game - that is 150k sales right there - with no extra units pushed. To *really* push hardware, you need to release a varied selection of games (i.e. such that at least one game available appeals to everyone). Since a Gundam game has already been released - Im not so sure this will push that much hardware (might still hit 50k PS3 sales in the first week).
the day BLUE DRAGON came out 26000 x360s were sold............GUNDAM MUSOU is coming out in BUnDLES as well as sole copies. If BD could fetch 20+k units in JAPAN why wouldnt MUSOU ftech 100k ps3s................after all PLAYSTATION brand is much more powerful than xbox. no it would hit 100k hardware sales in the 1st week. You are talking about ps3 not the defuct x360. NOTE :- VF5 never featured in the FAMITSU list of top 10 games. GUNDAM would be no 1/2 on next week's chart