By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Perfect Dark 64 vs Goldeneye 64

sure they both are good but goldeneye is classic man,

what do u guys(girls) thinks

Around the Network

goldeneye, i had more fun playing goldeneye than perfect dark, both are great games though

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Goldeneye....and apparently its coming to the X360. I wish it will come out in the wii, but i guess i would have to get it in the X360.

Perfect Dark all the way for me, quite similar, but just.. 'More' in every way. I can't think of a single thing done better in GoldenEye, PD had so many features for an FPS, and I loved the story/characters.

Perfect Dark craps all over Goldeneye.

And that is so unfair, because it learnt just about everything it knew from Goldeneye.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I think Perfect Dark is a million times better than Goldeneye. I don't even see how people can compare the two. Perfect Dark took everything that was in Goldeneye and improved on it. Better graphics, 12 player multiplayer (4 human and 8 computer), huge selection of weapons with each weapon have a secondary function (so almost like two guns in one or in the case of the Dragon a machine gun and a proximity mine in 1 weapon). The problem is that it wasn't as ground breaking as Goldeneye. But that was always going to be the case. For example Majora's mask could never be as ground breaking as the 1st 3d Zelda (Ocarina), and if a second Mario platform game was released on N64 it could never be as groundbreaking as Mario 64. But in terms of which is the more enjoyeable and complete game between Goldeneye and Perfect Dark it's not even a contest.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Goldeneye - While PD may have been the better game on the tech side, it had too many pacing problems for me (the last half just fell apart IMO). Besides, Goldeneye had, and still has, the best multiplayer experience in video game history.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

GoldenEye.

@ Tuoyo I thought that you were more knowledgable about games. *shakes head*

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Perfect Dark by far, it took everything Goldeneye had and make it better. Sure, Goldeneye was great and revolutionary, but Perfect Dark improved all of that. Even the multiplayer, that was the best thing in Goldeneye, in Perfect Dark added a lot of options that made it near Perfect. I could play hours alone in Multiplayer! against bots, it had challenges, best music and graphics of course. The weapons were great too.

I must say I don't like FPS, only for the multiplayer, but I liked Goldeneye because it was revolutionary, and totally loved Perfect Dark story mode.

For me there's no comparison, Perfect Dark wins hands down.

lol, this is my answer to amp316 in this thread

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=42678

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Goldeneye. The multiplayer in that game was just, well, golden.

Still, I hated anyone who used Odd Job.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!