By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Difference between video games and toys.

i say that as a gamer i feel alienated by the wii, because i see 6 month olds successfully playing it, and old people playing it, and bro's playing it.

look I had a wii on launch, and not from waiting in line. I was in line to get a ps3 nov 17th launch day. the manager is a guy i know and he said not everyone is going to get one. "Would you give up your spot for 50$ off of a wii that comes out next week?"
i said yes, and i've since returned it.
and i'm telling you after all the money i've put into it, that i didn't feel like it was "gamer friendly" enough. it was too "everyone" friendly.
and i think there is a difference.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
i say that as a gamer i feel alienated by the wii, because i see 6 month olds successfully playing it, and old people playing it, and bro's playing it.

look I had a wii on launch, and not from waiting in line. I was in line to get a ps3 nov 17th launch day. the manager is a guy i know and he said not everyone is going to get one. "Would you give up your spot for 50$ off of a wii that comes out next week?"
i said yes, and i've since returned it.
and i'm telling you after all the money i've put into it, that i didn't feel like it was "gamer friendly" enough. it was too "everyone" friendly.
and i think there is a difference.

All I'm getting from that post is that casual games are too hard for you.

That's pretty hardcore.

the wii games i have are challenging

maybe you're just playing the wrong games

11ht11 said:
the wii games i have are challenging

maybe you're just playing the wrong games

I will admit that Wii Play, Wii Sports, Wii blahfargmoneymaker, SMG, and Zelda TP are all quite easy. Comparitively speaking of course.

You can tell Nintendo still wants to keep the core, with games like Zelda, Mario Galaxy(Not Mario Party 32 1/2), and Metroid Prime 3. But it wants the casual and senior citizens far more. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

all consoles are toys, get over it N00b

and please

Around the Network

A console is a Toy.. some more expensive and more features then the others (like a doll and talking dolls) but videogames are not a toy.. they are something you can play with the Toy.. (like Clothes)
you can change it as you see fit (different clothes)

Wii Music however may be on a different level.. it can have such an impact that it will be seen as a a toy where the wii is a part of it... (the accesories are more important then the doll) but we don't know if that will happen untill it will be released..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

A video game is a kind of toy.

If I could be bothered to whip up a Venn diagram, it would have a big circle labeled Toys with a smaller circle labeled video games nestled inside it. It's just that simple.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@ the prof You need to get one of those Rock On avatars that all of the cool kids are getting.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

twesterm said:
I don't care what Miyamoto says in this case, a video game and video game console is a toy. Anyone who says otherwise is just afraid to admit they play with toys (except maybe Miyamoto, I don't know why he won't admit it).

My thoughts exactly.

You play with toys, just admit it.