By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
786_ali said:
famousringo said:
786_ali said:
toys are generally for children and most ps3 games are not for children

Edit: my post broke, let's try that again.

1. an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.
2. a thing or matter of little or no value or importance; a trifle.
3. something that serves for or as if for diversion, rather than for serious pratical use.

This includes all consoles and most sports cars (which children aren't allowed to drive, in case you needed this implication spelled out for you).

like that TV is a toy. So is this website, so is everything else that is for entertainment i.e movies, computers, sports etc.

I think you're starting to understand.

For a few people, TVs and this web site are serious business. For most of us, they're just toys. A lot of people use computers for serious work, but a few use them almost exclusively as toys. 3D accelerated video cards in particular are almost 100% toy, there are very few work-related uses for them.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I love it when people present their own narrow opinion as fact!

THEY ARE ALL TOYS!

If you can't understand that, then there's no hope for you.

Ewh?? Didn't I just posted in here??

A console is a Toy.. some more expensive and more features then the others (like a doll and talking dolls) but videogames are not a toy.. they are something you can play with the Toy.. (like Clothes)
you can change it as you see fit (different clothes)

Wii Music however may be on a different level.. it can have such an impact that it will be seen as a a toy where the wii is a part of it... (the accesories are more important then the doll) but we don't know if that will happen untill it will be released..

-Edit- I see.. the prof has made more toy threads... >_

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

theprof00 said: 

if you guys are honestly going to take the point that
a car can be taken for a joyride
digital hd tv can be used to watch 90210 
guitar can be strummed for fun
piece of paper can be folded into an airplane
a fencing foil can be a toy if you pretend you are a pirate and swing it around
the ocean can be a toy when you try to keep the surf off your toes
a dead body is a toy when you poke it with a long stick
a dildo is a toy -almost everyone said so.

the wii helps us pass time while we wait for the 7th person to show up before we go out to the club/bar what have you.

these are all toy-like usages of these items.
honestly i don't think it's the subject thats wrong. but the audience? although i agree that those could in some way be called toys since they can all be something that serves for diversion rather than practical use. however on the contrary

a car gets me around places and is practical
a digital tv shows me the news and keeps me informed which is practical
a guitar can make someone famous and is a job which is practical
piece of paper can hold the declaration of independance which is practical
a fencing foil keeps you in shape which is practical
i swim in the ocean to stay in shape and that is practical
a dead body is related to someone so don't try to say its a toy
a dildo is definitely not a toy and why it has a prefix (sex) which implies a different meaning.

a console holds my music library and photos and i can solve complex problems within a game which gives me creativity and brain development in problem solving abilities and makes me resourceful.

So if the Wii could do something like bring you the latest news, show you the weather, or play your music you wouldn't consider it a toy?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

gnizmo, i dunno does that not make it a toy to some people?
apparently everything in life is a toy to most people here.

regarding miyamoto i am aware that he commented on this in regards to wii music.
however,
what is more interesting is that he said there was a clear difference between toy and video game, which you guys just don't get.

Around the Network

he said it was better than a video game because it was a toy.
explain it away soriku

ctk495 said:
I love the wii but I hate wii music.

I hate the wii, and I hate wii music

Wtf does that have to do with the topic?

On topic:

I wouldnt call it a toy.. I wouldnt call any video game system a toy to be honest.

mM
theprof00 said:
what is more interesting is that he said there was a clear difference between toy and video game, which you guys just don't get.

No, we get it. Wii music is not your typical game, I agree with that. But not all games on the Wii are Wii music, which goes against your claim that Wii is a toy, whereas the other consoles aren't. Wii has many "classic" games, or what you define as games. It may have nothing you like, but it doesn't make them lesser games.

Soriku said:
What clear difference? Explain.

You play with video game consoles. Therefore they're toys.

I can play with paper, therefore its a toy, I can play with clay, therefore its a toy, I can play with a pencil therefore its a toy, I can play with my d#ck therefore its a toy.

ur theory is not logical.

mM

@teoulas:
No no no no.
this is not about wii music.
there is a difference between toys and video games. thats what he said.
you all seem to believe that they are synoymous, and while i agree that they are closely related, they are not the same.