By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else NEVER buys USED games,

PandaexpressPanda said:

First off they are rarely that much cheaper, IE. $55 at Gamestop for a $60 game, wtf....  Second, I don't like to put dirty discs or anything thats not handled by myself in my console... Opinions?

Another big reason not to buy used games is because the Developer doesnt get the $55.. Ebgames does.

I want most of my money going to the people who deserve it.

Around the Network

The only time I ever buy used is if it's an old PS2 game for like $5

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

EBgames/gamestop is a ripoff for the vast majority of used games. $55 for a used copy of uncharted or $60 for a new one? From what I've found most PS2 titles are also over priced.

I never used to but I do buy used games from rogers video (many I just wouldn't buy at full price) with their 2/$40 deal. You can't go wrong with two recently released games for $40.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I generally avoid used when I can find new. That said, for rare titles I passed up from past generations of game systems, used is usually the only choice unless I want to pay exorbitant amounts of money for packaging that will ultimately get tossed once the game's unboxed.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

PandaexpressPanda said:

First off they are rarely that much cheaper, IE. $55 at Gamestop for a $60 game, wtf....  Second, I don't like to put dirty discs or anything thats not handled by myself in my console... Opinions?

Buying used is better for the environment and cheaper.  You say $5 off isn't a lot, but that's one free game every 12 purchases.  I dunno about you, but for me that's about 2 free games a year.

I don't always buy used, but if I am patient enough to wait for a game to be out a few weeks/months before I buy it then I usually buy used.  (Generally it's either pre-order or buy used).

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Around the Network

I get the odd game used. I prefer to buy new though...

As the original post stated, You only save about $5 for used.

I prefer new, but as long as the disc in good condition, I don't care.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I love used games, especially when the "trade 6 for a DS" deal comes around @ EB.
Some of the better deals I got within the past year were
-SSBM/Sunshine/Viewitful Joe/MP6 for 25$
-multiple copies of FF12 for 10$ each
-GTA4 for 20$
-Tales of Symphonia for 10$
-Touchmaster/Crosswords DS/NY Times Crosswords for 15$

spidey_77 said:
I bet the ppl who don't buy used games here are either rich or modding their console.

buying s/h games is often look on as being as bad for the industry as piracy.

I rarely buy games and if I do, its usually on day 1 as its something Ive waited to buy for months. things like SMG where i expected there to be a shortage I have ordered months in advance.

Since ive picked up a PS3 reciently theres a small backlog of games I want which I'll probably get through ebay. I cant see the point in going to a retailer and saving about 5% off the price of a brand new copy.

I personal buy new, but I am selling my used games. Besides who buys used games at gamestop. Thats a total ripoff, also selling games there. I sell my games on Amazon ;)