By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else NEVER buys USED games,

I've never done it but I might do an exception soon.

I've become a GameFly member and there's one of my current rental I am thinking of purchasing.
Advantage is I got to test the game in advance so I know it's in perfect shape and I will still get to pay a reduced price for it...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I never really do... just not my thing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I buy used games only from my friends. Games are cheap anyway.

Dics, yes, but online, where there are actual deals. With carts, I want to start fresh with the save slots, so those need to be new.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I try to buy new when I can, but when you only have 45 in the game budget and the new copy is 50 and the used is 40, its not rocket science what a gamer will do, get the used and put the five towards the next game budget

Around the Network

vtx said:
I love used games, especially when the "trade 6 for a DS" deal comes around @ EB.

yes, i really like EB games' trade in promos as well. The trade 3 get 1 free is great. I usually go around and find cheap used Wii games with a >$8 TIV and trade them in for a new PS3 game. In the past 6 months i've used the trade 3 promo to get: Resistance 2, Valkirya Chronicles, LittleBigPlanet and Resident Evil 5. I get them all day one for 50% or less of the retail price. Just a couple weeks ago I traded in Cosmic Family (Wii), Madden 08 (Wii) and Nights (Wii) for Valkirya Chronicles (PS3). My total cost for the 3 Wii games was $28 incl tax.

That said I would never trade in games from my own collection to EB. Just not worth it. Craigslist/ebay nets more money if I don't like the game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

naznatips said:
I rarely buy new games. Half.ebay.com ftw.

This.

I'm getting MGS4 back, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Final Fantasy IX soon....all for like...$50

I've never bought used games

If it's in stock and used, with a manual and a case, I buy used. If not, I buy new. And like Mike said, buy 2 used get one free deals= awesome!

No...

Used games rule.