By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the best U.S. state?

jasonnc80 said:
I've traveled a lot, albeit mostly on the east coast but I like where I live in NC.

2 hours to the mountains, 2 hours to the beach, good sports teams, good education system (4 great state colleges within an hour of each other), and one of the best job markets in the United States. It's probably why it's consistently named near the top of the Forbes "best places to live" for the last 10+ years.

The poll would be kind of biased though because no matter what state you're in you can go from nice area to shithole usually within a 45 minute drive lol.

*cough*Downtown Durham or Garner *cough*

Around the Network

ILLINOIS!!! oh, sorry, i just got excited.

whatever said:
Moongoddess256 said:
New Hampshire.

No income tax, no sales tax, fireworks are legal, booze and cigarettes are cheap, car insurance isn't a requirement, southern NH is very cultured, northern NH is redneckish but scenic, they used to still allow smoking sections in restaurants and bars up until last year :(

Its a fairly free state with the exception of its tough marijuana laws. For the most part though they let you choose what you do and don't pay for.

I lived in NH for 4 years, its not all that. No income and sales tax are completely offset by the outrageous property taxes. Fireworks are legal to buy, but not to use. The no require car insurance sucks for those that are responsible enough to actually get insurance.

I'm very glad I move from NH to Massachusetts about 5 years ago.

Well I'm not and wont be a homeowner and the apartment prices aren't that painful.

And I think all insurance companies are evil. Unfortunately I have a new car and I HAVE to have full coverage :( I don't like the whole being forced to give my money to someone other than the government thing.

And massachusetts scares me. Visits are fun, but I couldn't imagine living there.

I live in Maine. And it sucks. Except for the fact that marijuana is decriminalized.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

California! Easily owns all other states!

Louisiana! New Orleans ftw.

Around the Network

Canada.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Louisiana. Best food(don't even try to argue it because we do have the best food haha.. just take my word on it), great atmosphere, New Orleans, and awesome place to fish and hunt.

Zucas said:
Louisiana. Best food(don't even try to argue it because we do have the best food haha.. just take my word on it), great atmosphere, New Orleans, and awesome place to fish and hunt.

QFMFT.

LOUISIANA!!!!

Shut up and accept.

Food, football, and awesomeness. We have it all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Louisiana is the best state supposing you know how to visit it properly. The trick is to go to New Orleans and forget the rest of the red neck backwater towns like Baton Rouge exist. New Orleans is the best place in the world to live.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229