By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Warhammer sales not on vgchartz?

HappySqurriel said:

So far I'm generally impressed by the game, and when comparing it to WoW I would say that the gameplay ideas are much better in Warhammer but WoW is a far better made game. The sad thing is that I'm far more interested to see what a company with a history of creating really well polished games (like Blizzard) could do with the ideas that are in Warhammer than I am with seeing where Mythic takes these ideas.

Shush, they might hear you. I'm afraid of what will happen if Blizzard implements some ideas from other MMOs  Blizzard-style (that is, very well polished and all). I would never be able to quit again.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Ail said:
Doubt War will affect Wow significantly.

First you have to calm down with preorders numbers, everyone still remember Age of Conan release, 1 millions units sold and everything, fact is the game is kinda bombing.

Secondly War is coming out at a relatively bad time as Wotlk is coming out in less than 2 months and it will be very tough to compete with that for War.....

In all likelyhood Wow is going to pass the 13 million suscribers mark sometime in the next 12 months ( they were at 11.9 a few months ago).

Yeah, but WAR doesn't really have to compete with WoW in order to be very successful ... After all costs of running the game are factored in, for every player playing WAR they (potentially) make $100 per year. At 1 Million users for 2 years (something I think WAR can manage) they will make $200 Million not including initial game sales.

HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:

First you have to calm down with preorders numbers, everyone still remember Age of Conan release, 1 millions units sold and everything, fact is the game is kinda bombing.

Secondly War is coming out at a relatively bad time as Wotlk is coming out in less than 2 months and it will be very tough to compete with that for War.....

In all likelyhood Wow is going to pass the 13 million suscribers mark sometime in the next 12 months ( they were at 11.9 a few months ago).

Yeah, but WAR doesn't really have to compete with WoW in order to be very successful ... After all costs of running the game are factored in, for every player playing WAR they (potentially) make $100 per year. At 1 Million users for 2 years (something I think WAR can manage) they will make $200 Million not including initial game sales.

Makes you wonder just how much money WoW has made Blizzard. It's been running on 4 years now and it's reach near 12 million subscribers. I doubt all subscribers were paying for all 4 years but still. And then we can just factor in the initial sales of $50 and we end up with a really big number here. Wonder if it will end up making them a billion by the end of its lifetime.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:

Makes you wonder just how much money WoW has made Blizzard. It's been running on 4 years now and it's reach near 12 million subscribers. I doubt all subscribers were paying for all 4 years but still. And then we can just factor in the initial sales of $50 and we end up with a really big number here. Wonder if it will end up making them a billion by the end of its lifetime.

I suspect that WoW passed $1 Billion awhile ago, although I do believe that a large portion of their userbase are in countries where they're (probably) not paying $100 per year.

WAR is the first MMO I have played that is actually a "finished"(well made) game since I quit WoW 1 year ago, unlike Conan who was a wonderful game the first 20 lvls but after that the game went crap.

No MMO will ever come close to WoW since there are so many people who is familar with Warcraft fanchise wether they are hardcore or casual.

Half my guild quit(around 75 ) WoW for WAR beacuse they want the focus to be on RvR and PvP not like WoW who is 90% PvE, with no consequences whatsoever who Wins the battlegrounds.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Average wow revenue per user is 10$ or so ( they get less in Asia so average is lower than what US players pay).

That's over 1.3 billion dollars of revenue in a 12 months period....

My understanding is that something like half of that is profit so Blizzard's profit should indeed already have passed 1 billion for Wow...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Average wow revenue per user is 10$ or so ( they get less in Asia so average is lower than what US players pay).

My understanding is that something like half of that is profit so Blizzard's profit should indeed already have passed 1 billion for Wow...

But with all the costs of upkeep I'm sure they spent a good amount of it, I mean pure 1 billion profits. Only a small percent of those monthly fees are actual profit. Just because there are so many subrscribers it doesn't mean they bought the game at retail. Unlike SPORE you can have more than one account per game, also if I'm not mistaken, when you subscribe from those 15 day periods you dont have to buy the game either.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:

But with all the costs of upkeep I'm sure they spent a good amount of it, I mean pure 1 billion profits. Only a small percent of those monthly fees are actual profit. Just because there are so many subrscribers it doesn't mean they bought the game at retail. Unlike SPORE you can have more than one account per game, also if I'm not mistaken, when you subscribe from those 15 day periods you dont have to buy the game either.

50% profit on that revenue seem reasonnable...

You can have more than 1 character per account but not more than 1 account per game sold.

My understanding is the 11.9 million number Blizzard announced is paying accounts, trials are not counted.

In practice where more than 1 person plays in a household they have different account or they can never play the game at the same time.( at least that's my experience, be it husband and wife, dad and son or whatever other combination playing in the same households they have more than 1 account).

Even taking into account all their costs it's very likely Blizzard already made over 1 billion profits on Wow...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

i never cared about this game until about a few months ago when i downloaded a demo for PSP (40,000),
now i love this game... i'm thinkin' of buying this game now for PC as soon as get some money...

i agree, though..
i wish VG Chartz would track down PC sales as well, though, i do not know how difficult it could be to track...

The game rocks. No, seriously, it does. It even made me change my avatar away from 'nipple boy' as some VGChartz peeps affectionately dubbed him. My new Bright Wizard character has been duly drawn and added.

Oh, and I have a new WAR forum for any that want to discuss the game. Either to learn about it, or discuss their experiences. The board is new, and is still being coded, but I'm getting there. Link's in the sig.

:D