By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Putting tired complaints to rest: Nintendo and the core gamer.

z64dan if all you are gonna keep doing is call me stupid and point out that Nintendo makes more money than me (thanks! I didn't know) then I am gonna report you.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

honestly ckmlb, I could care less what you and SSJ2 argue, as they really aren't hurting the general purpose of the post. Despite what small holes you can pick out, the evidence remains clear. Your attacks on it are senseless and frankly pretty pathetic. I'm sorry that Nintendo doesn't appeal to you as a gamer, but your generalizations about them as a company end here.

ckmlb said:
z64dan if all you are gonna keep doing is call me stupid and point out that Nintendo makes more money than me (thanks! I didn't know) then I am gonna report you.

When he tells you Nintendo makes more money than you, tell him you have more posts than him.  They are both about as relevant.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

End here? Are you ordering me to shut up? I couldn't care less if you think Nintendo isn't going casual even though there are no new traditional franchises coming from Nintendo and frankly the fact that you feel a need to prove something that you keep saying is a fact then it proves that there is an issue at hand here...

ckmlb said:
carlos710 said:
ckmlb said:
stof said:
ckmlb said:
Another one of these threads to prove that Nintendo isn't abandoning the core gamer.

If it isn't why are there all these threads trying to convince people...

Also you included Warioware, Mario Party AND Endless Blue in core games?

That would be because the threads you speak of were actually started by people saying that Nintendo has abandoned the core gamer. You should know, you posted in them.

I was talking about threads such as this one and the one by Rolstoppable.

If this is a non issue naz, then why do you feel it necessary to prove that Nintendo isn't abandoning core games?

If they are really abandoning the hardcore, then why do you feel it necessary to prove that with (stupid) arguments in most of your posts?

It's not me arguing this it's a general sentiment that is rising in players and it's become especially prnounced at this E3.

Its a general sentiment about sony/ms fanboys.. actually, even all of you knows that it isn't true, is just a cheap attempt at hurting future Wii sales. I guess you think that if you keep posting the same thing over and over and keep saying that it is a "fact" someone will end up believing in you.

By the way, before i reply to you another time, whats your age? and be honest please.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
End here? Are you ordering me to shut up? I couldn't care less if you think Nintendo isn't going casual even though there are no new traditional franchises coming from Nintendo and frankly the fact that you feel a need to prove something that you keep saying is a fact then it proves that there is an issue at hand here...

No ckmlb, I'm not ordering you to do anything.  You are free to speak whatever you want, but it's your own credability at stake, not mine.  If I was in your position? Yeah I would have stopped posting about this.  Maybe even shown myself to be mature and admit I was wrong.  Or if not that, then admit that my dislike of the company was based on nothing but opinion.  The only issue is an issue of fanboys ckmlb, who honestly won't have their minds changed no matter what evidence is presented to them.  However, at least a post like this will allow those people who aren't to take a look at evidence rather than insults and make an educated decision of their own on Nintendo's appeal to them.

naznatips said:
honestly ckmlb, I could care less what you and SSJ2 argue, as they really aren't hurting the general purpose of the post. Despite what small holes you can pick out, the evidence remains clear. Your attacks on it are senseless and frankly pretty pathetic. I'm sorry that Nintendo doesn't appeal to you as a gamer, but your generalizations about them as a company end here.

damn you are an idiot. I dont hate the Wii or Nintendo so get that out of your head. I dislike how Nintendo thinks that it's main audience is the people who doesnt play games. Like i said if they released the third Golden Sun game on the Wii I'd buy one (again) right now but trade it in (or return it since I know that manager at EB and can get full price back =]) after im done beating Golden Sun. 

Other then Golden Sun there isnt a single game that interests me. I've played every Pokemon game since Red excpet any of the ones on DS since I dont own a DS. I also quite enjoyed Pokemon Snap on the N64 lol. It was kinda fun trying to take a picture of Mew. Why cant they make games like Pokemon Snap anymore? 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

akuma587 said:
Beyond not announcing any new games for the gamer audience out there, lets hope Nintendo doesn't put even more of these games (some of which haven't seen the light of day in quite awhile) on indefinite hold.

Here is a better question. How many of those are new IP's? Excite Truck is an acceptable one I will give you that (was it on GameCube? I honestly don't know). WarioWare is a good game, so you can have that one too. As with Wii Sports. I think the point me, ckmlb, and some others are trying to make is that you shouldn't expect as many core-oriented games, let alone new IP's, given the direction that Nintendo is headed. For better or for worse, it is your grandmother's system now.

Where the hell is Kid Icarus by the way? Weren't they supposed to be doing something with that?

"Beyond not announcing any new games for the gamer audience out there, lets hope Nintendo doesn't put even more of these games (some of which haven't seen the light of day in quite awhile) on indefinite hold."

This made no sense to me.  What are you talking about?  Are you trying to say that Nintendo is going to say "Oh wait, lets cancel mario galaxy on indefinite hold because akuma587 on vgchartz forum needs an arguement as to why we don't make core games anymore."  What do you mean put more games on indefinite hold?  There's only one game on indefinite hold - Project HAMMER.  Why would they put more games on indefinite hold?

"Here is a better question. How many of those are new IP's?"

Translation:

"Oh wait, our arguement isn't working!  Hey lets switch it around.  Instead of saying they don't have "core" games anymore, let's try and spin it so we can argue they have no "new IPs" anymore. They'll never notice!"

"How many of those are new IP's? Excite Truck is an acceptable one I will give you that (was it on GameCube? I honestly don't know). WarioWare is a good game, so you can have that one too. As with Wii Sports."

What does Warioware have to do with anything?  If you're trying to let me "have it too," why am I going to have it?  You were just talking about new IPs.  Warioware has been around for a while... I still thought you were on the topic of new IPs, but your post isn't very well put together anyways, so I can't blame myself for getting lost in what you're trying to say.  Yeah at launch we had 2 new IPs.  Thanks for helping our arguement.  Yup.  Wii sports and Excite truck.  There's 2 new core IPs.

" I think the point me, ckmlb, and some others are trying to make is that you shouldn't expect as many core-oriented games, let alone new IP's, given the direction that Nintendo is headed. For better or for worse, it is your grandmother's system now."

Well you can try to make that point, but trying and succeeding are two very different things.  Oh COOOL concluding sentence.  Wow.  Maybe if you actually had a strong, respectable post preceding that sly concluding sentence, I would have been impressed, but no... sorry.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Again SSJ2, you are expressing your opinion at their library, not a fact or evidence that points to their focus in gaming. You have a right to that opinion, but you shouldn't state it as fact. Opinions are not facts, they are only based on your perceptions.

How would me complaining about Nintendo's casual direction hurt its sales? I think Nintendo proved that going casual makes money which is why I expect them to go further that way.

This is a company and they have found a successful way of making games that cost less and make more money and they are going to milk it as much as possible.

My credibility was already destroyed the second I said Nintendo is going casual in the eyes of some because the biggest Nintendo fans will never ever accept this fact even if there was one traditional game released a year.

I should just stop posting at all about anything criticizing Nintendo and keep it to myself because obviously some people take it way too personally with their game company loyalties. From now on I will only comment on stuff about good traditional Nintendo games because those are the only ones that are of any significance to me personally.