By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Putting tired complaints to rest: Nintendo and the core gamer.

ckmlb, you are honestly acting ridiculous. This is what's called trolling, something which you yourself often complain about. Take a step back and take a deep breath man. Don't act like this, it really doesn't look good.

Camelot anounced their Wii RPG, which I admit Golden Sun was an assumption.

Kirby Wii was shown shortly at last year's E3

Animal Crossing Wii was announced on Febuary 21st 2007, as per a wiki article

Pikmin Wii was confirmed to be in production during this E3'

I stated many times I included Japanese games (be happy, the Japanese side added a hell of a lot more casual than hardcore) and games published by Nintendo, as Nintendo is the one to commit the cash for that (Trauma Center 2nd opinion). You are trolling a post you obviously didn't read, and I really would expect better from you.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Another one of these threads to prove that Nintendo isn't abandoning the core gamer.

If it isn't why are there all these threads trying to convince people...

Also you included Warioware, Mario Party AND Endless Blue in core games?

Uh, Ck, that's pretty obvious, isn't it? Because people, including you, have repeatedly suggested otherwise.

Here's an idea: how about I go around and keep stating "Sony rarely makes a good game! They have good third party support, but none of their first party games are good!" You could probably list a good number of quality first party sony titles.

And if I (And others) kept saying that Sony stinks at making games, would you just let us get away with it? Obviously not. The problem isn't that people keep posting threads like this -- which are backed by substantial evidence -- the problem is that people keep insisting that Nintendo doesn't care about the core gamer anymore -- claims that have little or no evidence beyond "what comes after Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers? And now Mario Kart?" when we all know that Nintendo is very secretive with their games (it's not as if they have a ton of announced casual games either -- they just don't have many games announced, period, because they rarely do). 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

ckmlb said:
stof said:
ckmlb said:
Another one of these threads to prove that Nintendo isn't abandoning the core gamer.

That would be because the threads you speak of were actually started by people saying that Nintendo has abandoned the core gamer. You should know, you posted in them.

I was talking about threads such as this one and the one by Rolstoppable.

If this is a non issue naz, then why do you feel it necessary to prove that Nintendo isn't abandoning core games? 

Why do you try to prove the PS3 doesn't suck?

ckmlb said:
stof said:
ckmlb said:

That would be because the threads you speak of were actually started by people saying that Nintendo has abandoned the core gamer. You should know, you posted in them.

If this is a non issue naz, then why do you feel it necessary to prove that Nintendo isn't abandoning core games?

If they are really abandoning the hardcore, then why do you feel it necessary to prove that with (stupid) arguments in most of your posts? 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

dckmlb said:

The reason there are so many is because the backers and purporters of this argument simply won't reason to see how it is bullshit, so they keep repeating it even after it has been defeated.  The argument is weak and supported by little if any evidence.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
ckmlb said:
stof said:
ckmlb said:

If they are really abandoning the hardcore, then why do you feel it necessary to prove that with (stupid) arguments in most of your posts? 

Because he IS stupid?

z64dan said:
ckmlb said:
stof said:
ckmlb said:

Why do you try to prove the PS3 doesn't suck?

because it doesnt.. its a very good console.

Also Golden Sun Wii? OMG that was my favorite GBA game ever. I'd buy a Wii just for that.. then after I beat it trade it in. =]  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

naznatips said:
ckmlb, you are honestly acting ridiculous. This is what's called trolling, something which you yourself often complain about. Take a step back and take a deep breath man. Don't act like this, it really doesn't look good.

Camelot anounced their Wii RPG, which I admit Golden Sun was an assumption.

Kirby Wii was shown shortly at last year's E3

Animal Crossing Wii was announced on Febuary 21st 2007, as per a wiki article

Pikmin Wii was confirmed to be in production during this E3'

I stated many times I included Japanese games (be happy, the Japanese side added a hell of a lot more casual than hardcore) and games published by Nintendo, as Nintendo is the one to commit the cash for that (Trauma Center 2nd opinion). You are trolling a post you obviously didn't read, and I really would expect better from you.

Trauma Center is published by Atlus not Nintendo. Go look it up.

The Kirby Wii game I did not know about, the Golden Sun game isn't even announced you can't list that as proof.

Animal Crossing Wii... unknown to me until now.

If Pikmin was announced then I certainly didn't hear anything about it until now.

To pretend like I'm trolling because you don't like what I'm arguing is a bit much. If Pikmin and Animal Crossing have been anounced then I had no knowledge of them and there hasn't been anything shown about them so you can't blame me.

This doesn't change the fact that casual games are becoming the focus of the Wii and there is as of now 1 new Wii Nintendo game that isn't a sequel that is a traditional game (Disaster).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Beyond not announcing any new games for the gamer audience out there, lets hope Nintendo doesn't put even more of these games (some of which haven't seen the light of day in quite awhile) on indefinite hold.

Here is a better question. How many of those are new IP's? Excite Truck is an acceptable one I will give you that (was it on GameCube? I honestly don't know). WarioWare is a good game, so you can have that one too. As with Wii Sports. I think the point me, ckmlb, and some others are trying to make is that you shouldn't expect as many core-oriented games, let alone new IP's, given the direction that Nintendo is headed. For better or for worse, it is your grandmother's system now.

Where the hell is Kid Icarus by the way? Weren't they supposed to be doing something with that?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

carlos710 said:
ckmlb said:
stof said:
ckmlb said:

It's not me arguing this it's a general sentiment that is rising in players and it's become especially prnounced at this E3.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!