By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Obama Hispanic Ads

TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:

The sex-ed in kindergarten was clearly meant to be teaching little kids what to do if they were assaulted by a sexual predator (McCain made it sound like they were going to be doing explicit sex ed).

What in the world are you going to teach a 6 year old to do if they are being assaulted by a sexual predator? How are you going to teach it to him or her?

To immediately go tell a responsible adult.

A lot of the sexual assault on young children goes on for a period of years and a heap of it isn't ever reported. Educating young children what a sexual assault is, who to tell and why they have to tell is in my opinion something very productive.

I'm fairly sure that Obama clarified that that was the intention of that part of the bill.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
bigjon said:

Obama says McCain running sleaziest campaing ever?

With Karl Rove calling John McCain out, I'd say John McCain is running a very sleazy campaign.

carl rove called out both campaigns. Just CNN and NBC made it appear he was just calling out mccain. And I agree with him both campaigns have gone too far.... Obama has just been worse, also Obama is the one selling himself as different. McCain is just selling himself as a maverick.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Oh boy. Obama can forget the White House by playing the nice guy. Nah, sack those fools. Why can McCain lie and not get called out by FOX? If folks are gonna believe lies, why not? The truth gets drown like a stonewaller in Galveston.

madskillz said:
Oh boy. Obama can forget the White House by playing the nice guy. Nah, sack those fools. Why can McCain lie and not get called out by FOX? If folks are gonna believe lies, why not? The truth gets drown like a stonewaller in Galveston.

you do realize that for something to be a lie there has to be intent to decieve. right?

So far McCain has left plausible deniability in everthing he has said.... which means you cannot PROVE he was not just ill informed or ignorant of a situation. You can say something that is not true and it not be a lie... As long as you think you are telling the truth you are not lying. Just wrong.

there is no way Obama can splain how he hacked these quotes, and tried to stir up racial tensions.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
ManusJustus said:
bigjon said:

Obama says McCain running sleaziest campaing ever?

With Karl Rove calling John McCain out, I'd say John McCain is running a very sleazy campaign.

carl rove called out both campaigns. Just CNN and NBC made it appear he was just calling out mccain. And I agree with him both campaigns have gone too far.... Obama has just been worse, also Obama is the one selling himself as different. McCain is just selling himself as a maverick.

Karl Rove is considered a sometimes dirty, but always a political genious by many people.  Most importantly Karl Rove is a Republican as is John McCain.  Republicans calling out Republicans is a big deal, same thing with democrats, but calling each other is old and not even newsworthy since its so expected.

How do I make this simple to understand...  Imagine two football teams are in the Superbowl and they interview the coaches.  One coach says his team is going to win (they all say that), the other coach says that his team will probably lose.  Who do you think will be talked about more?

Around the Network
bigjon said:
madskillz said:

you do realize that for something to be a lie there has to be intent to decieve. right?

So far McCain has left plausible deniability in everthing he has said.... which means you cannot PROVE he was not just ill informed or ignorant of a situation. You can say something that is not true and it not be a lie... As long as you think you are telling the truth you are not lying. Just wrong.

there is no way Obama can splain how he hacked these quotes, and tried to stir up racial tensions.

OMG are you fucking serious? So your excuse for McCain now is that he's just a moron that does no research, fact checking, and just talks out of his ass and so is just wrong ALOT but never dishonest? Somebody needs to put that on some sort Bigjon's wall of shame along with the Hitler comment. That' just hilariously ridiculous. McCain's rhetoric and attack adds never intend to deceive they are just ignorant, where as Obama is a flat out liar. O...M...F...G.

So the sex ed for kids attack ad, he just never actually read or looked at the bill and legitimately thought that it was sex ed for kids and that Obama actually does look like a creepy pedophile? Right now he has an ad out that says Obama is going to increase tax on electricity, which he has no such proposal.But Obama does support a cap and trade policy that would raise the cost of electricity which McCain also supports. What part of that is plausible deniablity over intent to mislead? McCain also chops up quotes and removes context in order to paint his opponent in a negative light ,such as the Iran being a "small country" and "tiny threat" ads, which to quote factcheck.org"we call a foul ball on this one. By seperating Obama's word's from their context and from his other comments on the subject, McCain's ad distorts Obama's stated views on Iran. So how will mcCain "splain" these hacked quotes?

Here's a list of lies about Obama's tax plan just from one ad (courtesy of Factcheck.org)

• A TV spot claims Obama once voted for a tax increase "on people making just $42,000 a year." That's true for a single taxpayer, who would have seen a tax increase of $15 for the year – if the measure had been enacted. But the ad shows a woman with two children, and as a single mother, she would not have been affected unless she made more than $62,150. The increase that Obama once supported as part of a Democratic budget bill is not part of his current tax plan anyway.

• A Spanish-language radio ad claims the measure Obama supported would have raised taxes on "families" making $42,000, which is simply false. Even a single mother with one child would have been able to make $58,650 without being affected. A family of four with income up to $90,000 would not have been affected.

• The TV ad claims in a graphic that Obama would "raise taxes on middle class." In fact, Obama's plan promises cuts for middle-income taxpayers and would increase rates only for persons with family incomes above $250,000 or with individual incomes above $200,000.

• The radio ad claims Obama would increase taxes "on the sale of your home." In fact, home-sale profits of up to $500,000 per couple would continue to be exempt from capital gains taxes. Very few sales would see an increase under Obama's proposal to raise the capital gains rate.

• A second radio ad, in English, says, "Obama has a history of raising taxes" on middle-class Americans. But that's false. It refers to a vote that did not actually result in a tax increase and could not have done so.

This is plausibly deniable only of McCain doesn't actually know who it is who he's running against, and has never looked at his tax plan or policies, or voting record and is also senile and is just making stuff up but actually think's it's true. And I'll believe that if he releases an ad that says that Chipmunks spewing battery acid are after his flying wizard grandchildren and Obama sent them. These things are all purposefully misleading.

The fact of the matter is that your assertion that McCain always has plausible deniability is so freaking retarded and incredibly wrong. Do you ever make a post that isn't total failure? And what's worse aren't you supposed to be a lawyer or something (maybe I'm wrong, and just htink I remember hearing that)? Shouldn't you know the difference between plausible deniability and outright deception?  At some point in a poster's time here I often time's start to think that they are a clever joke account because they couldn't possibly think or believe the things they are saying. I really hope you're just a clever joke account.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.