By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Obama Hispanic Ads

Negative campaigns work, doesn't matter whether they are true or not. Its a sad fact for American elections.

If you think it has been negative to this point. I think it is only going to get MUCH worse over the next 6 weeks. This will probably be the ugliest campaign we've ever seen.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
rocketpig said:
I love watching people rationalize their party's shitty tactics while crucifying the opposition for doing the same thing.

*sighs*

thank god somebody else sees this, neither party is fair on the facts in their ads but its GD infuriating when regular folks who support them turn a blind eye to it.

I just got done looking over this stuff and this simply inciting racial hatred using nothing but pure lies. 

Not only did he take the comments completely out of context and distory their meaning, but he took them from someone who is regarded to be a nemisis of McCain within his own party and then tied the two together like they are the same person.

There is stretching the truth and then there is this.  At least Obama himself actually said  the "lipstick on a pig" comment...at least Obama actually voted for the sex-ed bill in IL...all grains of truth to otherwise negative ads.

But McCain never said this, never endorsed it, and on this issue has vehemently opposed the views of the person who did say it.  To make this ad they had to find the quotes and they knew exactly how BS they are...when Obama comes on and says "I approve this message" it should give every supporter of his cause a puckered asshole of emberassment the same as the lipstick ad from McCain should have for his supporters....only this goes beyond a lie, this is race-baiting pure and simple.

the pig ad had at least plausible deniability. Which means it is truly possible McCain's campaign REALLY thought he was taking a cheap shot at Palin. I think it is possible he was too, but there is no way to prove it. There is no way for Obama to deny this Spanish ad... There no way for him to say oops, we didn't mean to do that or whatever. These are the kind of Tactics Obama used when he ran for the state senate, us senate, the nomination, and now the General Election. I think within the next 6 weeks the public will see this, I believe they already have, and that is why some of the gloss has already come off of him.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Sqrl said:
rocketpig said:
I love watching people rationalize their party's shitty tactics while crucifying the opposition for doing the same thing.

*sighs*

thank god somebody else sees this, neither party is fair on the facts in their ads but its GD infuriating when regular folks who support them turn a blind eye to it.

I just got done looking over this stuff and this simply inciting racial hatred using nothing but pure lies. 

Not only did he take the comments completely out of context and distory their meaning, but he took them from someone who is regarded to be a nemisis of McCain within his own party and then tied the two together like they are the same person.

There is stretching the truth and then there is this.  At least Obama himself actually said  the "lipstick on a pig" comment...at least Obama actually voted for the sex-ed bill in IL...all grains of truth to otherwise negative ads.

But McCain never said this, never endorsed it, and on this issue has vehemently opposed the views of the person who did say it.  To make this ad they had to find the quotes and they knew exactly how BS they are...when Obama comes on and says "I approve this message" it should give every supporter of his cause a puckered asshole of emberassment the same as the lipstick ad from McCain should have for his supporters....only this goes beyond a lie, this is race-baiting pure and simple.

the pig ad had at least plausible deniability. Which means it is truly possible McCain's campaign REALLY thought he was taking a cheap shot at Palin. I think it is possible he was too, but there is no way to prove it. There is no way for Obama to deny this Spanish ad... There no way for him to say oops, we didn't mean to do that or whatever. These are the kind of Tactics Obama used when he ran for the state senate, us senate, the nomination, and now the General Election. I think within the next 6 weeks the public will see this, I believe they already have, and that is why some of the gloss has already come off of him.

Bill O'Reilly had a body language expert on and she was definitive in her analysis that he didn't get what the crowd was laughing at and thus couldn't have thought of the connection before saying it.  I'm willing to take that at face value and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  Even if he had meant it though the point is that its a completely irrelevant issue..it doesn't deserve to be talked about...really it just doesn't.

If you want an end to negative ads you have to be against all negative ads, not just the ones that hurt your candidate of choice. You'll see a lot of folks around here playing down Obama's negative ads and crying bloody murder when its McCain with the negative ad (and vice versa).  These people are just self-serving political animals looking for what's expedient.....otherwise known as hypocrites.  

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

If you want an end to negative ads you have to be against all negative ads, not just the ones that hurt your candidate of choice.

I agree, but the ABC negative add dubbed as an interview really bothers me. Luckily, Obama didn't need to pay for that one. ABC smeared a candidate for free.

Well, Obama had a good run.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

Bill O'Reilly had a body language expert on and she was definitive in her analysis that he didn't get what the crowd was laughing at and thus couldn't have thought of the connection before saying it.

really? actually...i find that situation much much more interesting, now that i know he couldnt understand what everyone else did.  i think it would be better for obama if he knew.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

What do you expect from a communist, antichrist, who kills his gay lovers.

Bigjon has something negative to say about Obama and started a topic about it? Am I in Bizarro world? Oh wait he does this almost every god damn day, nevermind.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

bigjon said:

Obama says McCain running sleaziest campaing ever?

With Karl Rove calling John McCain out, I'd say John McCain is running a very sleazy campaign.

TheRealMafoo said:
HappySqurriel said:

The thing that surprises me the most is how negative and partisan Obama's campaign has become being that he has attracted a lot of new voters who were upset with traditional politics.

I agree. I think if he had just kept things posative, he could have won.

1. Obama is going to win because America isn't crazy enough to vote for McCain with the economy the way it is.

2. I wouldn't call McCain's ad attacking Obama's sexual education for elementary school, which was just dont talk to strangers tell your mommy or daddy if someone is bothering you, a positive ad.