By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Obama Hispanic Ads

Yeah, I think the Palin wave of popularity and McCain's ascent caused Obama to increase his number of negative ads, just like there were more negative ads from McCain when he was behind (an assumption since I don't have anything beyond anecdotal evidence).

Besides, neither campaign is anywhere near the sleaziest campaign ever. These pansies need to take a history less or two. Hrmph!

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

i guess you just blind yourself to facts in your need to attack someone, right?  as you will see i didnt comment about the ads themselves or him for doing them...merely stated events that happened.  i dont particularly care what sort of ads either of them runs

You didn't offer your opinion on them other than calling them "fairly negative" but you do have a reputation ever since your "Obama = gay lover murdering Muslim Antichrist" topic.  Clearly you have an agenda as far as this subject is concerned and just because you don't hammer it every time you post doesn't mean people don't pick up on it.

@RealMafoo

I'm sure I'm not understanding you correctly so I was wondering if you could clarify your comments.

TheRealMafoo said:

I agree. I think if he had just kept things posative, he could have won. He might still win, but he is way behind on likely voters.

TheRealMafoo said:

And I got the likely voter thing from my head. Polls never have told the truth. Think for yourself instead of having it spoon fed to you by the media.

First you state he is behind on likely voters as if it were common knowledge or a fact.  Then you claim it's an opinion and you don't trust polls.  I'm with you on polls not being good reasoning in arguments but if you ignore them what reasoning do you have?  You can't just state Obama is "way behind on likely voters" and get defensive when I ask you why you think so.  As crappy as it would be you haven't even tried offering anecdotal evidence.

Meh, not news compared to McCain flip flopping on torture. Carry on everybody.

you forgot communist

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I love watching people rationalize their party's shitty tactics while crucifying the opposition for doing the same thing.

*sighs*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Im voting for obama and I agree that this ad was a bit out of line. But, its not like McCain's ads are any better.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

rocketpig said:
I love watching people rationalize their party's shitty tactics while crucifying the opposition for doing the same thing.

*sighs*

thank god somebody else sees this, neither party is fair on the facts in their ads but its GD infuriating when regular folks who support them turn a blind eye to it.

I just got done looking over this stuff and this simply inciting racial hatred using nothing but pure lies. 

Not only did he take the comments completely out of context and distory their meaning, but he took them from someone who is regarded to be a nemisis of McCain within his own party and then tied the two together like they are the same person.

There is stretching the truth and then there is this.  At least Obama himself actually said  the "lipstick on a pig" comment...at least Obama actually voted for the sex-ed bill in IL...all grains of truth to otherwise negative ads.

But McCain never said this, never endorsed it, and on this issue has vehemently opposed the views of the person who did say it.  To make this ad they had to find the quotes and they knew exactly how BS they are...when Obama comes on and says "I approve this message" it should give every supporter of his cause a puckered asshole of emberassment the same as the lipstick ad from McCain should have for his supporters....only this goes beyond a lie, this is race-baiting pure and simple.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
rocketpig said:

*sighs*

thank god somebody else sees this, neither party is fair on the facts in their ads but its GD infuriating when regular folks who support them turn a blind eye to it.

I just got done looking over this stuff and this simply inciting racial hatred using nothing but pure lies. 

Not only did he take the comments completely out of context and distory their meaning, but he took them from someone who is regarded to be a nemisis of McCain within his own party and then tied the two together like they are the same person.

There is stretching the truth and then there is this.  At least Obama himself actually said  the "lipstick on a pig" comment...at least Obama actually voted for the sex-ed bill in IL...all grains of truth to otherwise negative ads.

But McCain never said this, never endorsed it, and on this issue has vehemently opposed the views of the person who did say it.  To make this ad they had to find the quotes and they knew exactly how BS they are...when Obama comes on and says "I approve this message" it should give every supporter of his cause a puckered asshole of emberassment the same as the lipstick ad from McCain should have for his supporters....only this goes beyond a lie, this is race-baiting pure and simple.

I feel they are both as bad as each other, both take things ridiculously out of context.

The sex-ed in kindergarten was clearly meant to be teaching little kids what to do if they were assaulted by a sexual predator (McCain made it sound like they were going to be doing explicit sex ed).

Both are running a dirty campaign and I'm surprised it's actually allowed to be this dirty. Both parties are really lowering themselves, but I guess its what you have to do to win votes in the USA.

azrm2k said:

@RealMafoo

I'm sure I'm not understanding you correctly so I was wondering if you could clarify your comments.

TheRealMafoo said:

I agree. I think if he had just kept things posative, he could have won. He might still win, but he is way behind on likely voters.

TheRealMafoo said:

And I got the likely voter thing from my head. Polls never have told the truth. Think for yourself instead of having it spoon fed to you by the media.

First you state he is behind on likely voters as if it were common knowledge or a fact.  Then you claim it's an opinion and you don't trust polls.  I'm with you on polls not being good reasoning in arguments but if you ignore them what reasoning do you have?  You can't just state Obama is "way behind on likely voters" and get defensive when I ask you why you think so.  As crappy as it would be you haven't even tried offering anecdotal evidence.

I didn't mean to come off defensive. As I read it back, I do kind of sound like a prick. Sorry for that.

I mean history has shown that regardless of polls, when people go into the voting booth, they tend to side with whoever is closes to the middle. That's McCain by a mile

It happened last time. Kerry was up on the polls, and he lost by a large margin. For some reason when the Democrats have 2-3 good candidates in the primaries, they seem to always elect the one most to the left. The republicans tend to elect those least to the right.

It's why they always win. They would have won against Clinton as well if it was not for Ross taking Republican votes. (Clinton never had a majority).

Anyway, this is my view. The most left senator in congress, is Obama. McCain is disliked by a lot of conservative republicans because he is so close to the middle.

People see this, and when you are behind the curtain, and push comes to shove, a lot of people who told a pollster that they were going with Obama, will pick McCain.

Rath said:

The sex-ed in kindergarten was clearly meant to be teaching little kids what to do if they were assaulted by a sexual predator (McCain made it sound like they were going to be doing explicit sex ed).

What in the world are you going to teach a 6 year old to do if they are being assaulted by a sexual predator? How are you going to teach it to him or her?