By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I don't like ads from this site talking to me (like, out loud).

am I the only one who get's a talking ad that says "Hi, I'm Amber" "What's your name?" frequently on this site ?

Around the Network

Hi! I'm Amber!

What's your name?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Whether at work, school, or home, it's shitty to have to deal with "Congratulations, You've won a Nintendo Wii..."

I'm using Chrome more than Firefox recently and maybe the adblocking isn't up to snuff.  I know ioi mentioned we should stop using adblockers, which is fine IF the ads stay within their banners.  Popups and audible advertisements are too much to deal with, sorry.

So, this is a request to get rid of popups and audible ads.  I don't want to have to maximize adblocking again.

I feel the same way.  Its annoying.

Play B3yond

I only get vgchartz store ads

Lafiel said:
am I the only one who get's a talking ad that says "Hi, I'm Amber" "What's your name?" frequently on this site ?

I always seem to get that one.  My parents often give a strange look when they hear that, and i always give that "it'snotmyfaultioineedsadsinordertokeepthissiterunningimsorry" look. it's quite a face stresser.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

Around the Network

I most often get the "SAY SOMETHING... WHAT!"

There's been many a thread bemoaning the moaning. And Rightfully so. Hopefully this new deal will lead to quiet ads, If not, the best we can do is keep urging ioi to not accept vocal ads.

Those damn vocal ads.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

See there is an organization called IAB. They regulate the kind of guidelines advertisers are allowed to do online. One of their guidelines is that an ad is not allowed to have sound unless initated by a user.

Ofcourse not everyone follows IAB...advertisers and flash agencies will make ads that are not compatible with IABs standards. Since no one regulates this yet, it is solely on VGChartz's shoulders to refuse the ad and possibly refuse free money if they have no one else to fill that ad spot with.

So the ad that talks to you will stay here for a long long time...

We are being held for ransom.

I've not seen them, if that is due to my browser (FF3) or something else I don't know, but by the sound (literally) of it I should just be glad and move along.

Yes, Hi im Amber is soooooo Annoying, Also "Say Something, What?