By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars the Force Unleashed... Good God...

Onimusha12 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Stop hiding behind "the broken review system".
You said ps360 owners have a lower standards for quality without even backing up your claim.
He showed evidence that Wii owners are infact the ones who buy shit in bulk.

Now, I got up to "sovelware" and realised you hadn't edited your previous post yet. Are you really gonna give up that easily? I wanted and arguement!

I have no clue what you're talking about in editing posts. You really are trying too hard OkeyDokey.

Do you really have any means of showing the Wii gamers buy crappy games in bulk without using the Review System? I didn't think so. All you have is that reviewer system, nothing else. And as long as that system tells you what you want to hear, you'll gladly swallow whatever you gives you.

At the very best you can only say I have no more evidence to my claim than you do yours, other than that, if you're really willing to trust a system that gave Halo 3 a 94 and GTA4 a 11/10, well then I think that speaks for itself.

Tell me, did it make you angry that I was able to come up with a better list of upcoming third party titles for the Wii than the HD consoles were getting? I really hope you have something better than spellcheck lined up for our next exchange. ;)

How else are we supposed to settle a difference between opinion? That's why we use review scores in the first place.
I'm not saying that a game that gets 0.3% higher than another game is better, but c'mon... Carnival Games is inarguably garbage.
That whole "any game can be good for the right person" attitude is bullshit and you know it. It's just another way for you to say "review scores aren't helping my arguement, so they don't count"

And it's pretty easy to make your Wii list appear impressive when you put it up against the worst HD games you could think of. And even then, it was only just barely better, which is a bit depressing for Wii only owners such as yourself.
I didn't plan on buying a ps3 this early ya know. But when I realised the last decent game I played was Mario Kart way back in April, I decided that it was a need, not a want.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I didn't plan on buying a ps3 this early ya know. But when I realised the last decent game I played was Mario Kart way back in April, I decided that it was a need, not a want.

And now you will defend your purchase to the death.  How lovely.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Onimusha12 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Stop hiding behind "the broken review system".
You said ps360 owners have a lower standards for quality without even backing up your claim.
He showed evidence that Wii owners are infact the ones who buy shit in bulk.

Now, I got up to "sovelware" and realised you hadn't edited your previous post yet. Are you really gonna give up that easily? I wanted and arguement!

I have no clue what you're talking about in editing posts. You really are trying too hard OkeyDokey.

Do you really have any means of showing the Wii gamers buy crappy games in bulk without using the Review System? I didn't think so. All you have is that reviewer system, nothing else. And as long as that system tells you what you want to hear, you'll gladly swallow whatever you gives you.

At the very best you can only say I have no more evidence to my claim than you do yours, other than that, if you're really willing to trust a system that gave Halo 3 a 94 and GTA4 a 11/10, well then I think that speaks for itself.

Tell me, did it make you angry that I was able to come up with a better list of upcoming third party titles for the Wii than the HD consoles were getting? I really hope you have something better than spellcheck lined up for our next exchange. ;)

How else are we supposed to settle a difference between opinion? That's why we use review scores in the first place.
I'm not saying that a game that gets 0.3% higher than another game is better, but c'mon... Carnival Games is inarguably garbage.
That whole "any game can be good for the right person" attitude is bullshit and you know it. It's just another way for you to say "review scores aren't helping my arguement, so they don't count"

And it's pretty easy to make your Wii list appear impressive when you put it up against the worst HD games you could think of. And even then, it was only just barely better, which is a bit depressing for Wii only owners such as yourself.

Then imagine that, we may have to agree to dissagree. And yes, Carnival Games is garbage, I'll give you that, but you'll find that kind of anomally in any situation a Casual audience is involved. But I don't remember saying anything even remotely close to "any game can be good for the right person." I'm curious why you're now forced to put words in my mouth when you were so confident before. Do I see your composure faltering? Not you OkeyDokey, you're such a cool and suave person, I couldn't stand to see you of all people losing your confidence. ;)

I'm sorry the Wii doesn't get all the games the industry machine tells us we should want, but I'm pretty happy with the games the Wii is getting now and know with confidence much better is on the way. I wonder how our views of the Wii will change as the market continues to favor it and games set in motion years ago after its surprise success start to come rolling in one after another. I'm sure Monster Hunter 3 is just an outlier and not a sign of things to come at all.

Simply look at the DS, that's proof enough of where the Wii is going. Or don't you like the DS either? Doesn't it get the games the industry tells you that you should want?

--OkeyDokey-- said:

How else are we supposed to settle a difference between opinion?

Agree to disagree and move on? Oh wait, this is the internet. We don't do that kind of thing here.

Onimusha12 said:

Again you miss the point.

Simply showing high selling games and their metacritic raitings without context is still meaningless. And you're still trying to desperately ignore the fact that your argument is hopelessly dependent on this reviewing system that is admitted to being broken. There is no criteria or credentials to being a video game reviewer and most reviewers admit the HD consoles make the kind of games they personally prefer and admit to not being able to accurately score casual games and Wii titles by the pre-existing industry standard.

The fact you would even condone a system that gives such a mediocre game as Halo3 a 94 and any game such as GTA4 a 11/10 shows your willingness to accept a system you know is horribly flawed and biased. The point I was raising is that even in this broken and biased system some of the biggest game reviewers still gave the Wii version the higher score! What does that honestly tell you about the Force Unleashed then?

If you can't adress the whole sum of my response, then what point are you trying to make? More importantly, whose opinion is the one saying those are the better games? Your argument is so hopeless dependent on this broken reviewing system.

I miss the point?

Of course it is meaningless, since it does not support your favourite console. Could you please stop ranting about broken review systems? You sound like a broken record.

Oh yeah, let's take few games that aren't on your beloved wii and say that they are mediocre. How about such mediocre games like smg/brawl/loz:tp/okami/re4/mp3 getting too good reviews? In my opinion, all of them are a lot worse than halo 3 for example. Oh! Review system is broken! Those games which I don't happen to like prove it!

edit:

Since it is obvious that some people should adjust their sarcasm detector, I am not saying that those games are bad. I just don't happen to like them.

Around the Network

So... Back to the Force unleashed.

I sense a new rivalry coming on! :P

Kurakasa said:
Onimusha12 said:

Again you miss the point.

Simply showing high selling games and their metacritic raitings without context is still meaningless. And you're still trying to desperately ignore the fact that your argument is hopelessly dependent on this reviewing system that is admitted to being broken. There is no criteria or credentials to being a video game reviewer and most reviewers admit the HD consoles make the kind of games they personally prefer and admit to not being able to accurately score casual games and Wii titles by the pre-existing industry standard.

The fact you would even condone a system that gives such a mediocre game as Halo3 a 94 and any game such as GTA4 a 11/10 shows your willingness to accept a system you know is horribly flawed and biased. The point I was raising is that even in this broken and biased system some of the biggest game reviewers still gave the Wii version the higher score! What does that honestly tell you about the Force Unleashed then?

If you can't adress the whole sum of my response, then what point are you trying to make? More importantly, whose opinion is the one saying those are the better games? Your argument is so hopeless dependent on this broken reviewing system.

I miss the point?

Of course it is meaningless, since it does not support your favourite console. Could you please stop ranting about broken review systems? You sound like a broken record.

Oh yeah, let's take few games that aren't on your beloved wii and say that they are mediocre. How about such mediocre games like smg/brawl/loz:tp/okami/re4/mp3 getting too good reviews? In my opinion, all of them are a lot worse than halo 3 for example. Oh! Review system is broken! Those games which I don't happen to like prove it!

Oh my, so you don't even try to defend the reviewing system, you just say I'm a broken record and that's it. You know you have no argument in defense of the reviewing system, your follow up paragraph is proof of that.

"How about such mediocre games like smg/brawl/loz:tp/okami/re4/mp3 getting too good reviews? In my opinion, all of them are a lot worse than halo 3 for example."

I think that speaks amply for itself. Good luck getting anyone to ever listen to your opinion on here ever again.

Onimusha12 said:

Oh my, so you don't even try to defend the reviewing system, you just say I'm a broken record and that's it. You know you have no argument in defense of the reviewing system, your follow up paragraph is proof of that.

"How about such mediocre games like smg/brawl/loz:tp/okami/re4/mp3 getting too good reviews? In my opinion, all of them are a lot worse than halo 3 for example."

I think that speaks amply for itself. Good luck getting anyone to ever listen to your opinion on here ever again.

You use 2 games you don't happen to like as evidence, then you say I should somehow defend the reviewers. Oh my... One word comes in to my mind, too bad I can't say it.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I sense a new rivalry coming on! :P

I sense a "ducking out of the thread to let someone else take the heat" cop-out! ;)